Is level holding a good idea? I hear that levels will give you special bonuses and merits like travelling and the level 10, 20, 30 etc. They also increase your life points. However, you might get more defends as a level holder because people underestimate you. I'm in a big dilemma about this, and I would appreciate it if you people can help me!
Level Holding
Started by ultra_brrrrrrrr [2625957] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 16
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 11
- Likes on archived posts
- 20
- Authority score
- 60 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 65 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Scarley [2261969]
· 12 likes ·
You absolutely should not hold before level 15. 15-50 decide whether cheap defends are worth losing fights that you should win because of your reduced health. Realize that your max health is half the health of many of your opponents. …
You absolutely should not hold before level 15.
15-50 decide whether cheap defends are worth losing fights that you should win because of your reduced health. Realize that your max health is half the health of many of your opponents.
50-100 consider whether your stats justify a level increase, as if you're too weak you could become a chaining/leveling target.
15-50 decide whether cheap defends are worth losing fights that you should win because of your reduced health. Realize that your max health is half the health of many of your opponents.
50-100 consider whether your stats justify a level increase, as if you're too weak you could become a chaining/leveling target.
Believe me bud, you want to get to lvl 15 ASAP, once there I would suggest holding your lvl until you have decent stats, or you will just be punchbag. Also, dont worry about the free defends, as there arent many to be had anyways, and when your rich you can just pay for defends.
But you're level holding at Lvl
Personally I cant see any reason why you would level hold before level 15..
Being able to fly, even if you dont fly often is a bonus... buying plushies,flowers.. being able to rehab etc..
Personally I quickly went from 15 to holding at 21 just to avoid being at the bottom of the list abroad if someones looking for an easy mug..
Yes you'll still get mugged just dont carry too much money on you..
Personally I cant see any reason why you would level hold before level 15..
Being able to fly, even if you dont fly often is a bonus... buying plushies,flowers.. being able to rehab etc..
Personally I quickly went from 15 to holding at 21 just to avoid being at the bottom of the list abroad if someones looking for an easy mug..
Yes you'll still get mugged just dont carry too much money on you..
lvl holding is for noobs if you hold before lvl 15
People do the darndest things
It really depends on your own play style.
Unless you are planning to actively mug active people for the foreseeable future, you don't need to worry over level holding.
You can chain excellently by making your duke targets into chain list. (but for that to work well, you need to maintain near balance stats... because Duke targets depends on total stats instead of matching your stats).
If it is hard for you, there are a bunch of people who sell these lists for chains for a cheap price of a xan (which I use)
So, you can live off of inactive players for so long.
Make your targets for levels and stats... Just look over people in your faction and ask them at what stats they were leveled up and how it felt. I don't think here you will get a deciding opinion.
Talkingto individual player is best all the best
Unless you are planning to actively mug active people for the foreseeable future, you don't need to worry over level holding.
You can chain excellently by making your duke targets into chain list. (but for that to work well, you need to maintain near balance stats... because Duke targets depends on total stats instead of matching your stats).
If it is hard for you, there are a bunch of people who sell these lists for chains for a cheap price of a xan (which I use)
So, you can live off of inactive players for so long.
Make your targets for levels and stats... Just look over people in your faction and ask them at what stats they were leveled up and how it felt. I don't think here you will get a deciding opinion.
Talkingto individual player is best all the best
It's not just free defends. If you have a artificial low level, you are likely to gain your faction more respect, while losing less. Lose less respect.
So for some playstyles (,heavily leaning towards faction wars) there may be value in level holding.
Sure,you lose merits, but you can earn others. And really, the more you get, the less value they add (and this against higher cost).
So for some playstyles (,heavily leaning towards faction wars) there may be value in level holding.
Sure,you lose merits, but you can earn others. And really, the more you get, the less value they add (and this against higher cost).
Do or don’t
“But in the end, it doesn't even matter“
“But in the end, it doesn't even matter“
You won't gain more respect, you'll actually gain less respect because you won't be able to 3.0 ff high level targets due to your low health. Sure, you'll lose marginally less respect, but for anybody that attacks more than they get attacked this is negligible.
Warring with diminished health is never beneficial, I don't know what gives you that idea. Why do you think HOF warring factions have restrictions against level holding?
Warring with diminished health is never beneficial, I don't know what gives you that idea. Why do you think HOF warring factions have restrictions against level holding?
The low health is an issue, but I was talking relatively. They won't need to go after lvl 100s, they could get the same gain hitting a lvl 50. As long as they got the stats. If they don't get hit, the health doesn't matter...
I didn't say it is for everyone. It certainly isn't for me either. But in some styles of playing it can still be beneficial.
And why most HoF have restrictions? Quite frankly...in many cases probably because they saw it with others, and those others have success, so they copy it. Wouldn't be a first ;)
I didn't say it is for everyone. It certainly isn't for me either. But in some styles of playing it can still be beneficial.
And why most HoF have restrictions? Quite frankly...in many cases probably because they saw it with others, and those others have success, so they copy it. Wouldn't be a first ;)
Sit down old man. You don't know how respect works. Base respect is based on level, then a fair fight multiplier up to 3x is added. All things equal, a level 100 will give more respect than level 50. If you can hit level 100 and level 50 for 3.0 ff, level 100 will give more respect. If you have half the health of the level 100, you're going to have a hell of a time beating him with a 3.0 ff.
HOF facs restrict level holding for one reason - health matters in wars.
HOF facs restrict level holding for one reason - health matters in wars.
Yeah, yeah. I'm old.
But you fail to see my point,and I blame my intergenerational communication skills, or lack thereof.
Edit: As a matter of fact, you are right. I realize that I indeed had forgotten about that particular change in how respect works. Not sure why you'd weaken your argument by the undoubtedly derogatory-intended old-man remark, though.
Endedit
Either way, I stand by my statement that level holding can be suitable for certain styles of play. Obviously not if you want to be in HoF, but not everyone wants that.
Edit: As a matter of fact, you are right. I realize that I indeed had forgotten about that particular change in how respect works. Not sure why you'd weaken your argument by the undoubtedly derogatory-intended old-man remark, though.
Endedit
Either way, I stand by my statement that level holding can be suitable for certain styles of play. Obviously not if you want to be in HoF, but not everyone wants that.
Ehhh get wrecked by someone with stats close to yours though. Just insta death. Fair fight is important
no level hold bad