Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Grave

Started by Ashel [2484502] on in Graveyard.

39 replies · 931 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
40
Discussion span
→
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

ChillySpunc [1905415]
Torn is a great game because of it's simplicity, you can choose to play casual or hardcore, either way you can get enjoyment out of it.

Torn is totally different to video games but I dedicate just as much time getting better on it as I do to an FPS.
elie350 [2065964]
All four ot the reasons you have put works for me. I would never change faction because it's fun being loyal and seeing your faction grow.

Low effort for sure. When you compare it to, for example, gta online that requires you to stay active for the "passive" income, you can see how relaxed torn is. AND YET, those that want their game to be more active and lively can do so by joining a very warring faction and participating in all the competition or actively trading etc.

And finally, it might only be me and a few but seeing numbers grow has an appeal and is satisfying.
CRLF [2095076]
You forgot the #1 reason to play the game -- the people. You make friends here and then it's hard to leave.
Kender_FAAFO [1674614]
My Factions chat & group. Best damn part of the game! Otherwise the way ched has let a small handful of groups unbalance the game, would make it worthless to play.
cookdandbombd [2450557] Reporter
I really love Apex Legends, and would also consider Torn up there as one of the greatest games of all time. In fact, I've barely touched the new season of Apex yet... because Torn.

An incredible amount of depth to it; great community; 16 years of drama, stories and rivalries to dig into; phenomenal quality of writing; lightly moderated and engaging forums; and a slow-burn philosophy thats's very rare in an age where our attention spans are constantly assaulted by smart phones and algorithim-driven, corporate shit.

When you first start, you kind of think "oh, it's just one of those clicker things, not gonna be much to this is there?", yet after over a year of playing the shit out of it, I'm still learning and still progressing - trying out different things - with much more still to come. I've been fairly amazed, lately, at all the sort of political machinations that occur, too.
Cthulhu [1616063]
You need to keep in mind Torn did not start as a mobile game. It was a browser game (And don't forget to note the words "text-based" in it's description)..
Also I am unsure why you are comparing Torn to games that are a completely different genre.

I digress.. I play this game for many reasons. The community (even the haters..), the interesting style of PvP, the unusual economy (does the beer come with a gold bottlecap or something?), the awesome game-wide events.. to name a few.

Anyway, I think you'll find that one of the reasons Torn is so popular (and disgustingly addictive) is because it's unique, and it is not like all the other games that you are comparing it to. Of course though, this is just my personal opinion.