74 replies · 1.93k views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:75 / 75 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
75
Discussion span
→
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
54 / 100
Story score
69 / 100
Engagement score
82 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
_SCOFIELD_[1441750]
· 17 likes · my internet is pretty fast too here in Singapore, but many a times I click on start attack and i get the loading dots... I have to refresh the page to make my first hit and soon as i click …
_SCOFIELD_[1441750]
· 15 likes · I love how easy it is for Ched to just everytime say "I don't experience slowness so that can only mean that every 10s of thousands of players who play Torn have shitty internet" Instead of giving lame excuses why …
nex[2054500]
· 13 likes · Goddamn, seeing Choco going after the problem like a beast is sexy as f**k. This thread almost makes the B&I forum look like it belongs to a serious company. Congrats, Ched, you finally hired a professional. Took you long enough.
I have also noticed that it take approx 10 secs once i click the item page before the item i want to use is available...
not using a vpn
CloudJumper[1636201]Staff · #2
The mug happened 13 seconds after you landed, I have seen legit overseas mug happen within 2-3 secs of landing. The attacker can spend quite a few minutes refreshing the attack page up until the very second you land.
We haven't received any other reports of the site being slow, are you certain it is not your own network connection that is being slow?
my internet is pretty fast too here in Singapore, but many a times I click on start attack and i get the loading dots... I have to refresh the page to make my first hit and soon as i click on my weapon I again get those loading dots... the only way for me to be able to make a second hit is to refresh the page... Torn has been very slow lately for me... Even sometimes on race page, I click on join a race and it just keeps loading... I have to fresh page again and again for every step..
Recently, taking items (xans) and attacking have become slower as well, sometimes the mug button takes ~3s to load, hits during an attack also has the loading animation loading for longer periods of time, same with xans and cans.
Ive also read a bug report a while back that the mug button now takes longer to load, im guessing its still ongoing? Ched nerfing mugging as well?
If you're actually waiting for the page to reload upon arrival of a travel destination, that sounds like the timer has gone out of sync, perhaps due to your browser or computer. It's fallen behind by 10 seconds so your actual arrival was 10 seconds prior to the load.
All's fine on my end, I see no slowness at all and everything's working great. Everything should be faster than it's ever been before - so I don't really have anything to go on there as I'm unable to replicate.
Finally able to replicate slowness when trying to re-open this forum thread. link
Edit: second slowness observed here Edit2: another one while browsing someone else's bazaar Edit3: some slowness observed when clicking into Settings Edit4: and another one on my profile page
I have noticed, when I run multiple tabs sometimes when I click a different tab my whole information side acts like its loading. Which takes a refresh for it to fix. Exactly as Edit2 suggests on shinado87's post. download speed is 120mbs and upload is 10mbs on Chrome.
I love how easy it is for Ched to just everytime say "I don't experience slowness so that can only mean that every 10s of thousands of players who play Torn have shitty internet"
Instead of giving lame excuses why don't you actually ever do the right thing and fix the problem?
As Link- has mentioned, the game as it is is far from reliably being called fast, never mind faster than it ever has been.
On my bug report thread i've been documenting exceptionally slow attacks. Sure, some attacks are very fast (Example) but then compare it to this (Example 2)
I have fast internet, i'm not playing torn on a potato and it's not slow user input either, so it definitely points to something on Torn's end.
i've noticed it slow too, but i think it might be torn tools slowing shit down. I uninstalled torn tools and torn seems to be working way smoother, try it out and see if u still get a mug delay i haven't so far got any mug delay having torn tools uninstalled.
can confirm here too. usually some of my attacks was stuck in the loading page and i need to refresh it just to attack again. it happens in the slot machine too. the machine just keeps on spinning and i had to refresh every time it does that.
Armysqueaky[2567758] · #20
Well my site has been slow My network speed is ngl Very fast can load other website like fandom and others faster then torn