Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Favorite Author?

Started by StarPower [2699953] on in Art & Literature.

65 replies · 395 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 66 / 66 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
66
Discussion span
→
Authority score
11 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

StarPower [2699953]
Who is your favorite? What titles would you recommend by them?

I recently binged on Lawrence Sanders. Definitely explores the “secret, in the shadows, darker” side of people and their vices.
rocko0031 [2551154]
ngl i loved deception point soo much

i swear i read that book twice and still felt the chills
that book should've been made a movie i tell u
Aristophanes [2135633]
If you like Marquez, I highly recommend Steinbeck's "Pastures of Heaven". It was an early work and has that magic realism that Marquez does so well. (BTW, "Handsomest Drowned Man" is my favourite Marquez).
NathanC [2683194]
Man's search for meaning by Viktor Frankl

21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari, almost all of Harari's books are great
Spellblade [2005589]
Jay Kristoff is fantastic. His recent Empire of the Vampire book is excellent! He’s on a mission to make vampires scary and villainous again and I’m here for it!
sohezG [2693966]
My all time favourite is Jane Austen, I guess my suggestion really depends on what type of books you like, but needless to say Pride and Prejudice and Emma are must reads. Louisa May Alcott is also a fabulous author, I'd recommend you reading Little Women, Little Men, Jo's Boys and Eight Cousins.

If you're interested in books that cover examinations of class, you will definitely like North and South, and as for other "vintage" books I'd recommend to read Jane Eyre as well :)
Girone [2698220]
Neil Gaiman. His compilation of short stories are a good read imo. I have a copy of his book Fragile Things which I used to bring wherever I go and read during commutes. I haven't read Coraline and Stardust (only watched the movies) but I adore the storylines for both.