Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Active streak

Started by Heffoblaze420 [2167837] on in General Discussion.

30 replies · 1.02k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
31
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Heffoblaze420 [2167837]
As many of you guys are aware today marks the 365th day of the active streaks. I'm just wondering why is their only 1 merit for 100 days active streak? Surely there should be a merit for continuously logging into to the game for 365 days straight
Orb [2434389]
Because even The Mighty Lord Ched himself never logs continuously into the game for 365 days straight.
manic [1554958]
Because Ched had the foresight to see that the forums would eb flooded with whiney gits complaining that they've got to start a 365 run again after missing a day and the 100 run is easier?

Other than that, like Bambi's mate 'Bumpsintothings'... No idea...
ChloeChloe [2530354]
But isn't that the same for every other longevity merit?

Nothing special in doing anything multiple times:

Being in a faction
Being married
Finding things in the city
Time travelled
Doing crimes
Etc....
Securop [2247082] Officer Officer
If there's a merit for logging in 100 days in a row, the next increment should be 1000 days. I don't think it's a interesting merit but if they do it, i will not complain.

I rather see a different Merit being implemented than just 'login for x amount of days'. What's the fun about that?
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
I can see why people would want this but personally I'm quite glad there isn't a merit for that long of continuous login. Real life gets in the way at times and I don't think people should have to feel pressured to log into Torn, or feel like it's a chore.

Might one come in the future? I don't know maybe? But that's just my personal opinion on such things.
Wollongong [12833]
You are no longer qualified as CM!
OF COURSE Torn needs to pressure people into playing each day. Not only do we need a daily ligin, we also need merits for time played, a merit for playing 1 uninterrupted hour per day for 365 consecutive days, one for 2 hours, 3... All the way up to 26 hours(*) played per day, for 365 days in a row.

And then the same for 730 days and so forth.

Screw real life!

(*) If by now you haven't figured out I'm joking... Well .. then I pity you
_syntaxera_ [1595653]
If it is added, now would be the best time, in the future more people's streaks will be broken because of real life, I've got a 365 day streak now but if that was added as a merit in the future I might not be able to get it.
Some of the bigger merit hunters probably already assume they'll have to have a bigger streak for future merits and feel pressured because of that anyway
Hornz [2220919]
That's definitely one of those "legendary" merits that is a grind to complete, which I'm all in favor of, but you can take a break from it or focus on other things then come back to it later without completely resetting any progress, unlike an activity streak merit.
Nuvak [2217078]
I gotta admit if we were not dealing with the pandemic many of us won't have achieved the 365 activity streak already
Humpty-Dumpty [2527857]
For anyone curious, there are around 7207 accounts with a 365 activity streak (some slight uncertainty as my scrape of active users spanned two different activity streak "days", but that should be quite close to the real number).