Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Ok, I was wrong ....

Started by MeanMike [1884314] on in General Discussion.

64 replies · 2.3k views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 65 / 65 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
65
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
80 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Pops [1025410] ×1

MeanMike [1884314]
As I'm sure many regular forum dwellers are aware, I have been quite the outspoken opponent of the new med changes, especially when it comes to Elimination.

I bitched, protested, and even seriously gave thought to not playing this year because I was certain it was just gonna be 2 weeks locked down in the hospital. Us Page One folks get targeted to shit normally, but for some reason that I just can't figure out, i especially seem to spend a lot of time getting sat on during Elim.(I'm kidding, I fully know why, lol) That being said, I expected the worst, even more so when Illuminati get labeled the strongest team and everyone and their brother was pounding on us.

It really wasn't that bad. I mean, me getting shit on was the usual high-frequency occurrence, but overall, no real issues with the med cd. Pretty much every time my revive chance got below 50% I was done hitting for a while anyway, and my med CD never got above 6:00.

I actually spent WAY less money on revives this comp than I have in any prior comp (and for you randos that just ninja-revved me, thanks <3) and like I said, my med CD was never an issue.

Soooo... I take it all back. I was wrong and the current Med changes work just fine for Elimination...

If you ever guys ever get Ranked War up and running, I'll be back to prematurely cry like a bitch express my concerns again, but for now, I gotta be big enough to admit that my fears were without merit and the changes were never an issue, even for a player that is traditionally a pinata every year.

My bad, Ched.

If you are a player that DID have med cd issues, post here and tell us your story, I'm curious how it went for others, but as for me.. no probs at all.
Paul [1176287]
Definitely had a similar experience. I think those who don’t have the blood bag education course had a slightly more challenging experience with having to use morphine. Other than that, by the time I was approaching max med CD, my E had been exhausted.
realistassasin [1598729]
Careful giving ched props, you don't even know whats coming "Soon".

And nah, med CD sucks some but not the end of the world. The 1 hit per sec delay crap is the reason why ATTACKING sucks, let alone just Elim, wars, chains, Halloween will/have sucked ass.

Its quite funny how Ched changes the game solely due to one exploiter *coughs* instead of feds them. If it was anyone else mugging 250b from an exploit esp from MnC/Monarch on a scale of 10 to 10 how much would the community bitch about it?

Mentions: Pops [1025410]

Lenin [2199004]
i had roughly zero problems with med cooldown this year. bit rougher for the noobs for sure tho. but i don't think i saw anyone complain about their med cooldown other than a couple tragically lowstated folks

my cooldown got to about 3 hours when we were catfighting with keyboard warriors

LPT: don't just keep hopping out of the hospital when someones sitting on you. take a break, let the energy refill and the cooldown to fall.

honestly way better than a full day. now someone can ruin you for 6-9 hours... if you let them.
FidelCashflow [1993550]
Bigger, stronger players weren't attacked as frequently as little guys, so the med changes didn't come into play. I'm sure people above 5b in Hof factions had a vastly different experience than someone with <50m stats in a 2m respect faction that couldn't afford fortitude.
themainman [1629262]
well u were on the strongest team of the competition who didnt really get gang banged like they should have tbh

i do agree tho, i didnt spend as much time in hospital as previous years but i think thats due to being "allied" with illum and goats and being a "mid" statted player where it can be a risk to attack unless you know you will win.

there is only a limited amount of energy too so unless you are getting gang banned by 6 other teams i dont think youd see the effects as only lets say 200 people per team might listen to orders but this is different per team too.

the lower statted players is who we should really hear from as they would be the most effected
REDROCKETREV [2155045]
Do everyone a sense of decency por favor and just #fedpops, cmon ched... The people who follow the rules deserve justice from these cretins

#CHEDDOYOURGODDAMNJOB

#BOGIE4OVERLORD
LastOneStanding [2383656]
I hit max med twice being a smaller player. But it was plenty of time to get my energy levels down enough that the wait for med CD and the wait for energy and coming outta hosp lined up pretty damn well no complaints here.
Brian [85088]
How did you keep track of your revive chance?

I feel like I'm missing something, lol.

I suggested we have a new icon or something added to the hospital page to show us our chances, but Ched said it wasn't something people wanted or needed.
MeanMike [1884314]
Yeah, deffo agree with the delay comment.. I musta lost 30 hits bc some nub jumped in during that 1 sec delay and stole my kill. It was driving me insane

But ...This year I found some chill and didnt auto-add them to my blacklist or bounty them for it :-)
Chit [1380260]
I think people baby’d their med cool down more this year than previous years, for obvious reasons such as it being a quarter of what it was. So like Fidel said, lower stat/level got the beat down much more than higher levels.





Unless you’re top 100 stats with a whored defensive stat, I think it was necessary. A majority of my cool down came from healing up after attacking someone.
tanj [1419469]
I do agree that med change ain't that bad...but in elim..level 100s don't get much beatdown tbh... everyone goes for the lower peeps for safe tickets

So can't really take your pov for that