Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Ok, I was wrong ....

Started by MeanMike [1884314] on in General Discussion.

64 replies · 2.3k views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 65 / 65 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

LTJELLOMAN [1161626]
I think I only had my medical cd capped twice. only bought 1 revive, and when we were being targeted by 4 teams I had turned on revives to suck up E other than that I had no problems the entire comp.

Even I thought I would struggle this year with medical cooldown.
Pete1994 [965235]
Only time I had an issue with med cooldown, and actually maxed it was at the very beginning of the comp, besides that it's been a-ok
Sectory [2093611]
I got max 9h medded a few times but me healing up after some hits also had influence on that. I got a few revives cus of it but it wasn't bad at all!
yreew [1989745]
i have no problem with med cd as i mostly use sfak/fak to med out, and chose far weaker target that i can 1-hit. if i were to use bloodbags to med out it might be different.
0rganicMechanic [2504109] Reporter
Being the lowest stats on Illumnati's front page, I was hit really quick and often. Despite that, I was never at a max med cooldown while sitting on E I needed to use.

Having said that, I was able to manage this by concentrating many of my hits on pushes every 15 minutes and let med cd regen in between ticks, rather than repeatedly medding out to use E. I don't imagine that same strategy will be useful in a war setting though I'm sure a meta will emerge quickly. For now, new med cooldown seems ok to me.
Krastinov [1542326]
Mike old Boy, you were never wrong. You just put things in question. And rightly so.

You even questioned Hank if all that e and $$$$$$$$$$$ was Worth taking the island


From JFK and TUN back in insurgency Times....lol... Remember???

So Just stay the way you are Buddy. Cheers :)

[image: profileimages.torn.com]
Prezze [2121612]
It will only have affected lower statted people.

What will it have done, they just would have most likely occassionally sat out hosp time.

Sit 1 hosp out and your med cd is almost zero again (depending on who hosped you).

day 1 = 20 attacks on me
day 2 = 50 attacks on me
day 3 = 66 attacks on me

136 hits total on me
=> 31 hosps received; 44 leaves received

life of someone in VS at lvl 16
dunmugmeh [538353]
Stats are king. The best way to protect your health and med cooldown is to have stats.

This is why field mice are often in a very distressed state. They have no stats and have serious issues with med cooldown.
WiseTheRumGone [2078276]
legit how the f**k did it take you this long? I explained like 10+ times in the forums to several of these crying threads.

here's a simple reality. if you actually login tore more than once per day, 30 min med cd per blood bag vs 1-hour med cd per blood bag.

f**k it. take another 75% of my med cd, half the blood bag med cd. il will be out of hosp permanently.
vengeance_torn [2191529]
Overall I thought the medical changes were a plus for this year's Elimination. Falling into the category of a 'weaker' or more targeted player, the lowered max med CD allowed for getting back into attacking in a much shorter time interval & the 6h cooldown meant you could recover it overnight rather than constantly staying at 23/24h medical cooldown over the event.

The only part where the impact may have been negative was with decreasing revive % but there were some especially generous revivers willing to do several attempts at no extra cost.
Ariston [2322328] Wiki Contributor
I did OK considering I couldn't use job points, and I thoroughly enjoyed traveling and hospitalizing green-dot players overseas on natural e.

By traveling, I think I only maxed med CD twice or three times, even though I was a front-pager...and I've always advocated for the med CD changes. I think it's a great adjustment.
mug [553318] Committee Committee
I had thought it would be much worse.

But I forgot the way that elimination works you really only have 1 or 2 days where you are actually attacked as people ally up and only 1-2 teams are actually focused so it makes sense that med CD cap shouldn't come very often especially when teams are made of 1000 targets for people to spread hits around, very few actually following the teams strategy, as well as leaves/mugging for quicker ticket steals.

I still expect rank wars to be unplayable on release with the med CD with a more condensed target list and being the main focus target 24/7.
Ninivah [1950421]
A few times 6hrs cd wasn't so great but I rarely went pass my max.

Idk if that's good for rank wars but I just want rank wars so I'll take it any way I can get it.
HerrSchmidt [2069746]
This pretty much. Ppl would med out, spam attack noobs then retreat when retalled.

Personally didn't get close to maxing cd. But heard a lot of younger players annoyed and stuck in hospital with Max CD.

It goes against the idea of casual play ... if you log in and get maxed CD, you have to come back every few hours to contribute properly ... without the med cd you can log in twice a day and go hard.