Weapon confusion
Earlier this week, Ched announced some changes to weapons, saying things were now simpler. I... don't understand it.
Ok, so I have an Enfield SA-80 with 63,65 damage and 56,50 accuracy. That implies I'd be hitting slightly over 56% of the time, and miss my target roughly 44% of the time. When I hit, I'd do (63,65 x my strenght) minus whatever def and armour takes out. So far, so good (yes, it's slightly more complicated, but this bit does not confuse me much.
But... he also says:
In the old system, I believe I recall the addition of mods actually altering the values of my weapon. Now, the values remain unchanged. I'm not entirely sure why...
If I were to add something which gives +3% damage, should the damage value of the weaponnot go up? And is it 3% of the value it had (in the example: 63,65 x 0,03 = 1,9095) or is it nominal 3% on top of 63,65, so the value becomes 66,65%?
Aaagh! My head!
Earlier this week, Ched announced some changes to weapons, saying things were now simpler. I... don't understand it.
Today that's all changed. A weapon's damage value is now its exact damage multiplier. If your weapon's damage value is 65.37, this means your damage is being modified by x65.37. A weapon with 50 damage will do exactly twice that of a weapon with 25 damage, and 5x more than a weapon with 10 damage. It's now that clear!
Ok, so I have an Enfield SA-80 with 63,65 damage and 56,50 accuracy. That implies I'd be hitting slightly over 56% of the time, and miss my target roughly 44% of the time. When I hit, I'd do (63,65 x my strenght) minus whatever def and armour takes out. So far, so good (yes, it's slightly more complicated, but this bit does not confuse me much.
But... he also says:
Another pressing issue we've resolved today is the situation with Torn's damage bonuses and modifiers. (...) As I mentioned at the top, all damage bonuses are now standardized into a single system. They're all added together to form a percentage, and this percentage subsequently increases the final damage.
In the old system, I believe I recall the addition of mods actually altering the values of my weapon. Now, the values remain unchanged. I'm not entirely sure why...
If I were to add something which gives +3% damage, should the damage value of the weaponnot go up? And is it 3% of the value it had (in the example: 63,65 x 0,03 = 1,9095) or is it nominal 3% on top of 63,65, so the value becomes 66,65%?
Aaagh! My head!