All my chats are not being displayed. I tried to open a new chat with someone, but it didn't work either. I tried to close my current tab, opening another one, and still not working.
Chat issue - doesn't open
Started by DeathFire [1905530] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 3
- Likes on archived posts
- 2
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 2
- Authority score
- 55 / 100
- Historical score
- 33 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 42 / 100
This happens if you left the chat window open an another idle device/browser. You need to open the idle device, close or minimize the window and you should be able to access the chat on your mobile. Alternatively, you can locate the person under Recent list and click the cross next to their name to clear them from the Recent list, this force closes the chat window on all idle/open devices.
[image: i.imgur.com]
There's a confirmed report on this issue already which will hopefully resolve all such issues.
Thanks..!!
[image: i.imgur.com]
There's a confirmed report on this issue already which will hopefully resolve all such issues.
Thanks..!!
Mentions: Chat
I believe this is a different issue, I don't think he's seeing the chats/settings/people tabs at all. I started getting this too during the lag when Halloween started, all chats (including faction and company) + settings + people disappear randomly.
Clearing cache works sometimes, logging out and back in works sometimes. Right now I don't have any chat tabs on this page but I have them all on another page which I use to follow faction chat.
I didn't bother reporting it since devs say all chat issues are "client problems" and refuse to fix them anyway.
Clearing cache works sometimes, logging out and back in works sometimes. Right now I don't have any chat tabs on this page but I have them all on another page which I use to follow faction chat.
I didn't bother reporting it since devs say all chat issues are "client problems" and refuse to fix them anyway.
If this is happening on Firefox, then it is due to a local storage bug in latest iteration of Firefox. Something that cannot be addressed from Torn side. (report here)
Mentions: Firefox - Chat Boxes Disappearing
Weird that it just started happening during the Halloween lag and never happened for me before.
same here, i use firefox, but it happened only during the halloween lag. I don't remember happening ever since.