Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

RL Money

Started by Sanctos [2732268] on in General Discussion.

77 replies · 2.28k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 78 / 78 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
78
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Orb [2434389] ×1

Sanctos [2732268]
Genuinely curious about this…

Who do you think has spent the most RL money in Torn?

Also, do you build your networth by buying DPs? Are you totally against that as it’s “pay to win” or are you somewhere in between?
Sweeney_Todd [27468]
Is Torn pay to win? Yes, you can buy Torn money, but are these the best players?

I say no. Learning to play the game is better than buying into it. Buyers tend to quit when they still get their arses handed to them...

Waste your money, it's your choice...
Ashel [2484502]
Don’t see the point of p2w in a game like this. Everythjng is hyper inflated and it’s really easy to get things for free
WeaponsGrade [2632300]
I've seen a dude waste thousands of usd in the Torn casino. What a dumbass.

I do think Torn is a bit too pay2progress imo. not necessarily pay2win.
Sweeney_Todd [27468]
Those are words, but they have no reason to be here. Did you heard someone say them and thought it was cool?
Migs [2166018]
Just want to point out I really enjoyed this comment. Captain Ahab from Moby-dick. The name was very fitting for the comment.


I'm done being a nerd now
Ahab [1735214]
Nah... how you have been playing for almost 17 years (so prob not your only game) and have completely missed the term whale does deserve some sort of head in sand award though.
Nightmare [1637448]
Pay to progress slightly faster, I mean a Xanax gives more stats than an FHC for less than 1/10 the cost.

I have spent a good bit over almost 10 years, like 3.5k ish I think but I'm still shit because early game i probably squandered like 1.5k doing dumb shit like gambling.

My last 5 years i have spent slowly recovering from my mistakes and I'm still behind a lot of people who started around my same time. I've had some luck in stocks in the past 5 years with EVL being the real boost I needed back in the day. From there I used cash to supplement goals like spending a ton on fhc for attacking comps and getting another PI for rent when i was close.
_s10th [2672837]
Chedburn :D






To answer the question, though, personally, I've never spent a single cent on Torn. Maybe it's just my brain telling me it's cheating or something, but I don't think it's really pay to play. As others said, it's pay to progress 10x faster than all the other people your age. That is, if you don't lose it all in the casino...