Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

RL Money

Started by Sanctos [2732268] on in General Discussion.

77 replies · 2.28k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 78 / 78 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

LTJELLOMAN [1161626]
Ive yet to spend $1 on torn, because personally I've always felt paying to get a advantage in a game takes away from the experience or the reward of making it myself
Dolfwagos [1900418] Committee Committee
I stopped counting to be quite honest, I know it’s a fair chunk but I prefer to not know and have to be saddened by it.
takashi [2491991]
i bought my entire networth and what i've spent on se's, a gak, a welding helm, a few hazmats, a few other goodies

i would try to explain it to you, but peasants would never understand.

#daddysblackcard
#learn2simp
Paul [1176287]
That being said, if you’re gonna spend money on the game Takeshi has undoubtedly done it the right way. Spending ways on the gains in the right area.

Most who spends thousands of RL $ just shit it away in the casino.
Uncle [1945385]
I don’t understand why people p2p on this game… when they can just easily flower run, sell for losses, play some high stakes RR, and day trade torn stocks to get to where I’m at now.


I learned everything through Champion - you can reference his get rich thread on GD. Thank you again bro!
Skyler [2119592]
There's nothing wrong with paying money to buy donator packs or whatever. It supports the game and allows everyone that doesn't spend anything play for free.

When I first started playing I bought DPs to fund training with eDVD's for around the first month, while learning the game and exploring how I could earn money and support myself and grow.

Sure I could have achieved what I have without buying any DPs all it done was speed up training for the first month and meant I didn't need to spend a year of my life flying for plushies to have enough capital to start trading. I haven't bought any DPs since then though, I haven't needed to nor would it be possible to fund the amount of DPs I would have needed to buy to fund the growth to the point where I am today.
Nightmare [1637448]
This ^

You can buy all the DPs but if you can't find a way for that money to work for you before spending it you will always rely on it

You will also remain a little lowbie spinning your wheels getting nowhere. You have to have long term plans and some patients or you will burn out and probably try to gamble up til you lose it all.
Wires [2209713]
For quite a while I'd buy them, especially in the beginning. I'm a lot more chill now and haven't donated in ages.

I think early on donating is a strong move, but quickly starts becoming a raw deal RL money-to-TC money wise.

There are a lot of ways to make money and get set up. Make sure if you do donate you invest. So, at the very least, your money makes a little bit more of itself everyday.

That said, I'm likely considered a casual player. Because I sorta just fly, drink beer and eat Xan. So there's likely better advice out there.

I can say this though - always consider the enjoyment/dollars spent ratio. If you enjoy something and its a boon in your life, drop a little money into it. You're allowed to pay for things you are passionate about.
fuck [2669774]
Are you totally against that as it’s “pay to win” or are you somewhere in between?


I am totally against it bcuz its stupid