Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

TCB Benefit

Started by SarmatianEmpire [565880] Reporter on in Questions & Answers.

11 replies · 358 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
11
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100
SarmatianEmpire [565880] Reporter
Hi,

If I have the TCB Benefit unlocked for 10% bonus interest, if I start my investment with the bank and then sell that stock and lose the benefit, will I still get the extra interest?
Acarya [2243227]
It is called TCI (was changed a few weeks ago).

Yes. The interest is locked in at the time of your investment. Whatever happens afterwards is irrelevant for that specific investment.
Rum4nyby [1567187]
Just note that you need to hold the stock for 7 days for the bonus to be in effect. You can’t buy, instantly bank and sell. Well, you can, but the bonus won’t be in effect. Have to wait out the 7 day timer on all passive benefit stocks.
ArttiIsGod [1954421] Wiki Contributor
I had TCI, but sold for better stock benefits. Like secondary FHC block. TCI has around 10 years ROI. I think with a TCI block I made 20m~ extra per month, while extra FHC gives me 13.5 million a week.
Buda [2194089]
you can always buy a block of TCI a week before your investment comes due. Then after you rebank go back to FHG or wherever you want.
ArttiIsGod [1954421] Wiki Contributor
I feel you need 1.4 billion free cash to do that. Selling FHC block to cover that stops FHC block producing me that free FHC. Or how do you do it?
undo [2090073]
$60m > $13.5m. Since you only have to hold it for a week every 3 months, that seems like a reasonable profit for selling FHG for a week. Not sure if that’s with 10/10 merits in banking or without too, but it looks like you have a fair number of merits so 10/10 in banking shouldn’t hurt too much.

(though transaction fees do cut into the profit some)
Aleks-ODBird [2259658]
I would actually not promote this idea as you would have to depend on both stocks value remaining constant over the 7 days.

Scenario:
1) FHG is sold for TCB to be bought immediately
2) TCB price continues to drop over the 7 days while FHG price rises

Over the 7 days, you might incur a greater loss than the banking profits. Sure, it might go conversely, but why take the chance (unless you are a stocks trader and have the set of price points you are comfortable with).

How, I used to do it (before I lost alot of it in the bookies), was having the 1.4b separate which was my trading/stock trading cash. Even if TCB did went down in price more than the banking profit (which it did once), I could afford to wait it out.

Alternatively, have a small pool of friends/faction mates, who can share the amount and each with different banking dates with more than a week gap each.
MattyLittle94 [1692514]
Once you have a couple of billion saved you could bank for 3 months using the 10% increase and merits if possible, sell the banking block and use that money to buy other valuable ROI benefits. Just before your last week banking sell those stocks and rebuy 10% one, wait the 7 days and repeat.
ArttiIsGod [1954421] Wiki Contributor
Sometimes 1 month is more beneficial that 2 months or 3 months. And I lately stopped investing 3 months at all, because after 1 or 2 months I have cash to reinvest in stocks immediately and can bring greater value than holding it for 3 months.