I need inspiration. What's everyone making for dinner?
Dinner? Anyone?
Started by Kansas_Cookie [2757751] on in Food & Cooking.
About this thread
Posts archived: 62 / 62 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 62
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 25 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 48 / 100
- Engagement score
- 72 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Sepulchrave [2092631]
· 7 likes ·
[image: profileimages.torn.com] - Macroflation [1962321]
· 2 likes ·
I don't cook much but some things I do/can make: - Shrimp curry - Grilled steak ratatouille - Spaghetti bolognese All pretty quick unless you make the bolognese sauce properly then it should take a few hours. Otherwise I just …
Today im cooking for dinner, Medium rare rib eye steak with roasted sweet potato and braised red cabbage mash with sauteed button mushrooms in a red wine reduction finished with heavy cream and horse radish, and buttered asparagus.
That's sounds amazing!
today I cooked pulled pork and busted out some taco ? with all the usual suspects, avo n cheese etc.
Yum! Pulled pork tacos sound delish!
today I shall be cooking pan fried crispy skinned salmon with wilted greens n seared cherry tomato with pan fried small peeled potatoes tossed in evo ( extra virgin olive oil ) topped with shallow fried caper berry n fresh lemon wedge.
Any inspiration yet ?.
Any inspiration yet ?.
Sounds wonderful!
Lots of inspiration and a huge appetite!
Lots of inspiration and a huge appetite!
today well kinda cooking cause it's hot today, tea smoked chicken tender loins and mango salad with tomato, carrot, cucumber, shaved red onion, mixed green leaf lettuce , mango n deep fried vermicelli noodle to make it puffy n add a lil crunch, with a honey mustard aioli.
Tea smoked ? That's something I've not heard before. Can you explain a bit more?
Chana masala.
I use 2 frypans same size using one as a lid. line the bottom pan with foil double layered atleast to shape it into a sort of shallow bowl then dump uncooked rice, brown sugar n I generally use earl grey tea 4 or 5 tea bags, put a rack over bottom pan big enough so it over hangs the pan and not in contact with rice sugar etc, bust on your chicken then place the other pan over the top to act as lid, crank the heat to get it smoking then reduce heat n smoke till cooked. yummy. can eat it hot or cold I prefer cold.
today I'm making chicken thigh peices in a mushroom cream sauce some green beans tossed in almond flakes n butter served over rice.
today I'm making chicken thigh peices in a mushroom cream sauce some green beans tossed in almond flakes n butter served over rice.
I made bacon wrapped hotdogs, and they were so good...
Sounds very tastey!
Ordering a pizza. Lol
Tonight is beef stew w/ normal root vegs plus beer (in the soup). Would recommend.
Sounds delish! Slow cook or pressure?
Thanks, it turned out pretty good. I prefer slow in a Dutch oven to pressure, but I think both are pretty equal. I also eat pretty late so I don't mind dinners that take a while.
Nice. I'm a fairly busy mom, so the pressure cooker is one of my best friends in the kitchen. Glad you enjoyed your dinner!
Slow cooking bbq ribs (sweet baby ray) with some cabbage and carrots.
Breakfast for dinner is always good too imo, over easy eggs with sausage and hash browns.
Breakfast for dinner is always good too imo, over easy eggs with sausage and hash browns.
Sounds tastey! Must have been a bbq sunday. We had smoked beef ribs and a beef brisket. I really like breakfast for dinner, but usually cant get the family to go along with it.