.
About this thread
Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 13
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 11
- Likes on archived posts
- 47
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 40 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 55 / 100
- Engagement score
- 60 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Lady_Roisin [2772981]
· 15 likes ·
As someone dealing with stage four cancer myself, a resounding NO. Torn is for escapism, it's where I'm not ill, it's where I don't have to face anything I don't choose to, it's pain relief, stress relief and downright pure … - Adrenalinas [1974447]
· 10 likes ·
I personally don`t think that this should be added to the game. I am also no stranger to Cancer (my grandmother and grandfather died from cancer) This is a game some people use Torn to run away from reality or … - Nyx [2236278] Officer
· 1 likes ·
Graved as requested by OP
I personally don`t think that this should be added to the game.
I am also no stranger to Cancer (my grandmother and grandfather died from cancer)
This is a game some people use Torn to run away from reality or rl sickness.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16231994&b=0&a=0
Also if we add cancer Holiday we should add hundreds of other ones, because cancer is not only one hard illness
I am also no stranger to Cancer (my grandmother and grandfather died from cancer)
This is a game some people use Torn to run away from reality or rl sickness.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16231994&b=0&a=0
Also if we add cancer Holiday we should add hundreds of other ones, because cancer is not only one hard illness
Mentions: What to do, what to do
World cancer day is February 4th, which looks like it overlaps with the weekend roadtrip event in Torn. As far as I know there is nothing in game to observe Cancer day. I doubt that many people would be opposed to having something for it but not sure that it really fits in well either, although we change the logo for Guy Fawkes day which doesn't make much sense for a US city either...
I thoroughly respect your ideology, cancer is something we should be extremely aware of but alas, I don't see it fitting in Torn comfortably. Love you brother.
As someone dealing with stage four cancer myself, a resounding NO. Torn is for escapism, it's where I'm not ill, it's where I don't have to face anything I don't choose to, it's pain relief, stress relief and downright pure ignore the world time.
Such a day, just wouldn't fit in properly as others have said too.
Such a day, just wouldn't fit in properly as others have said too.
Much love to you, but no. For the same reasons already mentioned. There is enough real outside and I leave it at the door of Torn, as I know many others do.
I think it’s a thoughtful idea, but unfortunately I feel like a select few toxic members of the community would just ruin its good intentions.
It's a nightmare and we're all affected by cancer, but I don't come here to have a daily awareness day/month thrust upon me.
Nah, bit too heavy for Torn.
I would like a forum section for celebrating global/local holidays (as in sharing on forum) since large countries keep pushing them onto GD. Would like to see some smaller ones as well. TBH I wouldn't mind even in GD but it's a lot and last time a massive country (India) did it and exactly ZERO people shared pics of local decor, celebration etc. despite being asked. So really it's just an excuse to try to trigger the redneck idiots as is. That said, again would love to see more but with genuine intent.
I would like a forum section for celebrating global/local holidays (as in sharing on forum) since large countries keep pushing them onto GD. Would like to see some smaller ones as well. TBH I wouldn't mind even in GD but it's a lot and last time a massive country (India) did it and exactly ZERO people shared pics of local decor, celebration etc. despite being asked. So really it's just an excuse to try to trigger the redneck idiots as is. That said, again would love to see more but with genuine intent.
.
The “Fallen Players” page always makes me tear up a little bit, not gonna lie :(
Graved as requested by OP
https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/Book_:_High_School_For_Adults
Something are just in places you might notice here at Torn.
<3
Something are just in places you might notice here at Torn.
<3