Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

A Job Concern

Started by TakeASoda [2795521] on in Questions & Answers.

28 replies · 394 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
29
Discussion span
→
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

TakeASoda [2795521]
Hello everyone. Lately I've been conflicted on the idea of getting a job on a player-run company and I need your help.

Long story short, I have been doing the Edu job for 2 months as an attempt to grind some working stats and the 10% course reduction passive (the latter which I managed to already do). However, I wanna step up my game and join a company in order to benefit from the Job Specials (for reference I am interested into working on a Lingerie Store, Adult Novelties Store or Fitness Center). Problem is that my working stats are low. Like, I have 6K MAN, 6K INT and 15K END, which is barely enough for any of these companies. And I'm very conflicted. Should I drop the Edu job and attempt the risk to go for a company, or continue grinding for Working Stats first?

I know that this decision is up to my needs, but I still need reassurance.
Catarchy [2632824]
you shoud definitely join a player company. don't think too much about your stats, even younger player than you easily find a spot in companies like Adult Novelties, Sweet Shop and similar.

i would suggest to go for 10* (or close to that) companies, which means no lingerie store for now, because you need perks now, not later.

for a help with choosing the best company for you, although you seem to have already some basic knowledge, i'll link you this: Which company should I join? - the guide

Mentions: Which company should I join? - the guide

Securop [2247082] Officer Officer
I would also highly suggest you to work for a player run company. Don't care about salary or perks, but ask for a daily train as compensation for working somewhere.

With the daily train you'll increase your workstats over time. It will net you +50 primary, +25 secondary workstat gain every train. After a while you'll be able to join the high end companies, or buy more trains to speed up the process.

Good luck!
Taxxon [882264]
You aren't "dropping" the education perk if you leave the job. A hair Salon could be a good option for your stats. You can get into a Lower-Star Fitness Center or a Lower-to-mid star AN.

Sweet Shop is also good for the extra happy and energy cans.

Depends on what you wanna focus on or as Securop said, get a job that'll train you. But you *should* be able to find one of the ones above that will train you daily.
ladymeba [2499340]
You should absolutely make the move to a player led company - once you have the perks from the City Jobs then they become (almost) redundant.

As for your stats, they are fairly decent - I run a Fitness Centre (yes, the perks are fab!) and if I had a space I'd snap you up - it's all very well thinking that companies won't look at you if you don't meet the minimum requirements but you have to realise that some directors struggle to find people with those higher stats....

With regular trains on top of the daily trains your numbers will go up nicely and you can get some brilliant perks in the meantime! This is way more valuable than a wage in my opinion.

Take a look in the Company Recruitment Forum and in the Newspaper (for a company with less than the max number of employees) and either apply directly or shoot them a chat, I'm betting that they would love to hear from you.

Good luck in your search (and keep an eye on my fitness centre in case any spaces come up in the future - as I said, I would hire you) :D
Dalinar [2833488]
Unfortunately this comment was written by someone with no knowledge of how to play with the stats you have. You can buy a bunch of donator packs and sell them to buy trains at a 10* company if you want, that’s the only way to work at a 10* company with stats like yours (and mine). I’m guessing you would have already done this if it was an option, so I’m guessing it isn’t.

What you should do is join a music store. You can get into an 8 or 9 star one with those stats (10 star is much more competitive due to the passive stat increase). The 30% increased gym experience gain is huge and will allow much faster unlocking of higher dot gyms which means you’re essentially multiplying your energy. In the meantime you’ll quickly gain stats with rotating trains and daily stat gain.
Catarchy [2632824]
you are a noob, little guy, and if/when you'll get to my age you won't be even at half where i am now.
learn to stay in your place, listen to players who can teach you something and don't misinform new players with your ignorance.
Dalinar [2833488]
Show me a player who has stats like OP in a 10 star AN and I’ll show you someone buying 10 trains a day for a minimum of 5 mill a day. I get it that you don’t remember what it was like, I don’t fault you for that, it was a long time ago.
Also it seems players around your age don’t value what modern new players value. We care more about building networth through passive investments while you seem to spend millions on bounties because you lost forum karma lol.
Catarchy [2632824]
bro you are talking out of your ass.
stop derailng this thread, open a new one if you need guidance and advice, i'll be happy to enlighten you.
blejosw87 [2763456]
I got into my first 10* AN with stats like OPs. I did offer to buy trains to get me to a better stat level. For 400k per train. That was 4 mil per day. Easy to cover with flying income. No need to buy a bunch of donator packs
Dalinar [2833488]
If you can cover it with flying that’s great, 4 m a day seems like too much when you work in edvds/xanax/point refills even if you fly 16 hours a day, but if you did it then obviously it’s possible. Thanks for the info
Dalinar [2833488]
It’d have to be 7.5 m a day for full days xans and point refill after the 4 mill spent training. Far, far more if you do happy jumps, which is the whole reason to work in a 10* AN. Work stats shouldn’t come at the detriment of battle stats imo. Also I’m not sure how you got so lucky for that 400k price most AN’s charge 600k but I gave Anarchia the benefit of 500k because he needs a bit of help to have a decent chance in any debate.
blejosw87 [2763456]
Hmm...have been at 3 different ANs now. First one charged me 200k per train until my stats were up to ideal range...then they have been 400k a piece since. I'm out of HJ range...so don't do those anymore. Mostly just there to train work stats and is an easy 10 mil a week in edvds. Working at getting stats to 10* LS range. Still training 3 xans a day. Sure it come at a cost. You should have made plenty for many many trains during Christmas town...no? Also...looking at the forums for trains selling...400k seems like the standard rate. Where are you looking? Show me 1 company selling for 600k a piece...and I will show you 10 selling for 400k a piece
DrVoid [2608187]
everyone above said the truth.

You are earning a max of 170 total stats a day without having any perks

If you can get a train a day.. you can earn roughly 100 stats a day with cool perks..

or you can earn around 200 stats a day with some specials by staying at hair saloon and spending your job points on endurance.

So player company is a must.

First try all the directors from 10-8* companies.. just send a message... be honest with what you want to do and how regular you will be in rehab and how long you want to work and how will you leave when the time comes (you have to leave with prior intimation and during the first half of the week, if possible you can find a replacement for you with a week's search).. tell them everything.. which stats you want to concentrate on.. how would you like your trains..

you make a good resume and post it to all.. usually 90% of directors will reply to your honest (if it is so) message.

You can be lucky and may find a good place, torn can be amazing sometimes... I say this bcz i came across this.. i always found better company than I intended to join by this method. But you need to follow what you have told.

For company selection... you can have a bird's eye view in this guide. There are some suggestions also.

all the best.

Mentions: Employees' Guide to Companies [Updated-23/10/24]

Dalinar [2833488]
Dude I shouldn’t even be talking with you about this I’ve not bought trains and you’ve done it 3 times, you simply have more experience at it. I was going by the buying/selling trains thread in company recruitment which I’ve only seen the selling offers be around 6-800k. That said, no idea if anyone is even taking them or what
JackKelly [2271177]
I'm not saying they actually sell for $650k or $800k, but the type of company is a huge factor in the price of the trains. Also, sometimes a director will give a discount to an actual employee as opposed to someone there specifically to buy trains.
blejosw87 [2763456]
I went and looked in the train buying forum. I see you are more correct then I thought about the cost of trains...idk. my experience has been mostly 400k...but did buy 200k trains before too. I never joined a company for the train buying though. So maybe that makes a difference like JackKelly said. I have always had the job in the company first. I would guess those is other people's experience as well...if you notice...most people looking to buy in that forum are offering anywhere from 250k-500k per train. Makes me think they have gotten them for that price before
TakeASoda [2795521]
Nah, I wasn't meaning dropping the passive perk, I meant the other specials involving the 100+ increases in each stat (Extra Cirricular, Perseverance and Bookworm, which are very poweful when you accumulate enough Edu Points. It's just that if I left from Edu, I felt that wouldn't be prepared. Especially with INT, which idk if it's just me, but it feels much harder to find and obtain on Company positions. But that's just me as I see it so far, of course

Nonetheless, I will definitely consider making my move into joining a Player Company soon, and I'll also analyze and reply on the many suggestions everyone else made.

I appreciate your and everyone else's feedback. :)

Also should probably mention that I was in a rush writing this, so I apologize if what I said was unclear or anything