7 replies · 249 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
5
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100
Most-liked replies
Lightor[2215463]Officer
· 1 likes · You should really read Baldr's Guide my friend. A future tip, even outside of racing: Most of the things you come across as a new player can be read up on, a huge part of Torn is reading to make …
Ygaria, I think you mean dealership. 1 point every 5 days? Already here. Also found out that getting to C class is 100 points. I thought race class was to do with skill level, making 4th place actually the worst to be with the best no points growth, which I kept getting.
I say kept, as hearing from an admin of all people that I'm no where near C class made me stop the crawl I thought I was doing, but wasn't.
I kept losing so many times that the rare 3rd meant nothing as "I've gained so much skill I might as well drag on and not spend this" when race skill has no weight in when you class up when I thought it did. Having me save up for C that I was sure was close by waiting to get me even more stuck when really I'm just the living example of the meme where a guy sticks a metal pipe in his bike wheel, trips himself, and cries.
Now I know I can spend as far as like 50-60 points, bank for my C car and laugh later at my past multi-layer ill-informed crap sandwich.
While We're here... What's the entry for B and A? Thank you and Jenga187, but I don't think I'll need to sink into dirt cars as your guide tells as I'm not as stuck as I thought.
A future tip, even outside of racing: Most of the things you come across as a new player can be read up on, a huge part of Torn is reading to make the best informed decisions. Keep that in mind.
1 racing point (not skill) for every 5 work points (9 work points a day) 75% off car parts, no reduction if you crash and 10 work points for a free car.
I've forgotten what the entry point for B and A are (if I ever knew).
It took me nearly four months to get from buying a racing license to A Class but I wasn't following the guides (and I was working in a mechanic shop). I drove B in a Sagaris (and you think you're dumb ;)