Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Level 20 and clueless

Started by ChaoticAptitude [2745161] on in Questions & Answers.

13 replies · 476 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
14
Likes on archived posts
19
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

ChaoticAptitude [2745161]
I started playing this game on a whim, it's awesome I think but honestly I have no idea on what the hell I am suppose to do. I log in a few times a day, train at the gym and work on some crimes. I know there seems to be a whole world here but it involves sooooooooo much reading to learn or understand anything. Factions are just for warring? I thought working at a player company would be fun and different but it's bo different then the npc jobs... cam someone point me to something fun to do in game?
Bovril [2175036]
No, factions aren't just about warring. If you pick the right one you will learn all about the game, meet new friends and really boost the rate at which your account grows.
Syncopate [2562293] Wiki Contributor
What's fun for you?

I enjoy many aspects of this game...from writing in forums to spamming faction chat with nonsense to failing Crimes 2.0 to winning Jackpot.

You just have to explore the world of Torn and find what's fun for you. The Halloween week was also fun, attacking and getting treats...Wooooo
LordGrimX [3007595]
There are too many things to do:

>> love training? do choco jumps / happy jumps
>> love earning $? start flying all day buying flower/pulshies
>> love racing? get a driving license & start modding cars
>> love warring? find a good warring faction with decent pay
>> love gambling? well get yourself drunk on Casino
>> want to train your workstats? get into a decent company

The list goes on & on.. Just pick on the routes that suits your play style & stick to it- no need to do everything & get lost
Fermion [2691036] Officer Officer
The baldr's advice thread is highly recommended. It's very comprehensive. Read it once to know the basics

Get a pi rental for 7 days and start flying to make money

Get in a faction. You can post in the looking for faction thread with the type of faction you want. Factions are communities, and will guide you a lot on your journey

Mentions: Baldr's Basic Advice

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
Factions are communities, you need to find an active faction to join. Take part, and you'll learn so so much just by taking part in conversation and engaging yourself.

One of the worst mindsets people get is that factions are all about warring and that they don't think they are strong enough to war.

The reality is that you're weaker on your own than with a group of people that help each other out.
Jack_Starling [3129692]
I get what you mean, not been here long thought it might become clear with time. Your experience suggests the opposite, doesn't seem to be any goal.

A metaphor for life?
ischuo [2786290]
I enjoyed this game with or without warring and players companies much better than npc aside from income difference the specials too. And lastly just play it however you want. I enjoyed flying abroad too since its my main source of income.
Yaminos [2108464]
Many guides tell you to join a faction I'm the millions of respect. I find this to be terrible advice for a new player. These factions often put little to no effort in teaching noobs how to grow and be efficient. Find a smaller faction or a faction that is dedicated to player growth. There are many out there.