43 replies · 689 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:44 / 44 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
44
Discussion span
→
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
flare[2195157]Officer
· 6 likes · Considering this isn’t in suggestions or in the many other threads surrounding this topic: [image: i.kym-cdn.com] jk I’m tired and about to go to bed I’ll give it a read in the morning
Sectory[2093611]
· 2 likes · NS vs anyone, 1t pot. Let's go. Fun idea though, would sway factions into making serious wars instead of farming.
Ohadik[424017]Wiki Contributor
· 1 likes · And you're still forgetting that nobody would be willing to do this. You act like all of our faction leaders have 100's of billions of dollars to just toss around willy nilly. Your idea is f**king stupid. Get over it.
So guys this is my first post. Be gentle. This is just an idea. But I have been thinking about it for awhile. I have been involved with farmers. I have been involved with people who want fights. I understand both sides of issue. And NONE of us like the crashing prices of RW. If you see any massive holes in this idea or just wanna troll feel free. But I would love to see some others build on this idea in the comments if they like it.
The problem: rw prices for caches and weapons are plummeting. Alot of this is attributed to the large farms who do not fight real wars, just deal for max profit. This puts tons of caches on the market without real effort. But why fault them? They are playing within the rules and making money efficiently. But there is also a large segment of us that want some good fair high level fights.
The proposal: instead of overhauling the entire rw system or rewards system, why not introduce a custom lobby. This custom lobby WOULD NOT HAVE RW REWARD SUPPORT. It would be a WAGER LOBBY. The war would be entered into between two factions in a custom lobby. They would wager. When faction leaders are happy with the wager pool, they can both agree to schedule war like a trade.
The possible ramifications: SOME of the big competitive squads would cease farming. They would be fighting for big money and bragging rights against the people they want to fight.
Mismatches could be balanced by the wager pool itself. I will fight ANY of you if you put 3$ to my 1$ for example. This would allow mismatched squads to fight with balance. And if you don't like the deal, you don't finalize lobby.
With less caches being won in the normal RW lobbies the price crash may slow down.
High tier weapons will see an uptick as they will be needed for large scale tough wars that really matter.
It would also be tough to abuse as a straight wager. It's just money changing hands between two factions which could be done without the lobby.
The farmers can keep farming, and maybe we can all go back to getting the kind of wars we want.
This seems like an easier thing to add than a complete overhaul of a pretty new system.
What are your thoughts? Keep in mind I don't code. I don't know what it takes to make these things happen. I'm just spitballing here. Be gentle.
Also, this suggestion is shear stupidity. Nobody is going to want to wager on a war.
It's a solid chance of pure loss. Without any chance of reward if you lose. No faction will agree to that, period.
Also, I don't know what makes you so special you think this needs it's own thread. Why not just post it in the main thread where literally everyone else posted their ideas.
Bro read my posts. They are sad attempts at creating trading forum. And a couple replies. This is my first time putting something out myself. That was what I meant.
Also if you don't think people want to wager fight for blood and cash I would disagree. Alot are fight wars that aren't profitable anyways. I've taken 4 subs bronze to plat. Had to work hard to do it too. Placed in top 50 attackers. Not everyone has it so nice in diamond. Some have to work for the payday
If there was another post where people were posting solutions I did not know. I obviously don't do forums much. If this is better suited to a different place then my bad. I don't sit on forums. I sit on attack and war screens. Thanks.
So you don't think my faction works hard when we war? I have a feeling your greenleaf army just wouldn't cut it. But what do I know? Apparently I am in a Diamond faction and we don't have to do anything to be there. So easy... So what's your excuse? Why can't you make it to Diamond? If it's so easy and no work required....
Thanks for the super useful input. I've been in diamond. I've ran subs for the biggest around. I've seen the wars. I've scored in the wars. Check the leaderboards if you want proof. I don't owe you my credentials. But being big and in diamond doesn't mean you are just right my guy. You don't know me. Who I've fought with, or what kind of wars I have won. So I will take it you DONT like the idea. Thanks. We can leave it at that
I've seen screenshots of people hoarding bunker bucks like debeers hoards diamonds. Any spikes can be attributed to that. I've watched huge traders do it. There is a massive amount of BB already stockpiled to keep prices higher
the factions with real money to wager have pretty decent gaps between them, so the conclusion is more or less foregone most of the time. don't see that feature being used significantly when worst case scenario you can take home a 3b weekly profit from losing.
beyond that, warring is hard, boring and tiring. as much as we all want real fights, few want to put in the effort that it takes to really fight. especially when, again, you can make significant money doing nothing.
I agree with most of that. I just think there would be those wanting to use this. And if the farmers want to keep farming for easy money? That's fine. If anything this will help their agenda. It would take less caches off the market. Personally my faction and 4 more I know of would fight in this system. Not constantly. But as a fun grudge match? I already know who my first three oops would be. But I do understand your point about profitability. I just don't think profit is everyone's goal. Mine is personally bloody fights. But I really appreciate the input without trolling me. Thanks for the perspective
I see it. But that's a drop in the bucket when you look at any 6 months or one year graph. A 5% surge after a 120% drop? Just my opinion but that doesn't make me feel that fuzzy inside about future prices
It's definitely an interesting idea. But the issue isn't that cache and rw item prices are going down.
The issue, as Scarley has so eloquently put it, is that the current warring mechanics suck and do nothing to promote warring. The rankings mean sweet f*ck all and people can make easy money for doing very little.
So why would they actively waste time, energy and effort to engage in this when they can benefit more from being lazy?
Until this changes, RW will continue to be what it is.
Ya you're making a lot of sense. I would like to emphasize however this wouldn't replace RW. Alot of the smaller guys are not receiving these massive easy payouts. I'm not mad at those who are. I'm just saying this system could run in tandem without effecting anything. I don't believe a lot of the diamond cache farms would be attracted by this option. But there are a lot of us thin lean squads floating around plat looking for a good fight. I ran into a sub of yours Chuck and did everything I could to war. But we were forced to deal situationally. We would much rather enter a war with an opponent we know wants to fight. Not throw. That is not a dig. I enjoyed interacting with all your people.
So what is stopping factions from doing wagers on wars like you suggested right now ? On top of getting those sweet sweet easy caches ?
My dude you are just salty because you and your green commando arent making as much money anymore. Let the prices drop, let people get some nice RW items for reasonable prices and acutally have fun fighting each other.
FYI you are off base about my factions. I am responsible for many of the factions currently floating around plat getting there. I am not salty. I just am throwing this idea out there. I have worked with literally the top farm in the game. I'm not attacking farming. You don't know me or who I have worked with.
The thing that is stopping wager wars right now is no way to match someone specifically you would like to wager against. This is a "custom lobby" which would differ from the other lobby because it would be custom with a locked wager pot distributed to winner. All of this was in the OP. If you need more clarification please let me know.
Or to prevent prices from falling down have a cashout area in big al’s bunker or in faction to sell the rewarded caches for a set price for example; Small arms cache : 300m Melee cache : 450m Medium arms cache : 600m Armor cache : 750m Heavy arms cache : 900m
I understand it now inject money in circulation but so does the donator packs that could be exchanged in pawn shop for 23.5m?
If it’s ok to inject money in system if someone buys donator packs with real money, it should also be okay to inject money with rw rewards. That way all caches/rw gear in the market would have at least a minimum price, no one would be selling a small arms cache for less than 300m and Bunker Bucks/price ratio will be 15m for a bunker buck. Of course prices are just an example based on the bb needed to exchange with caches in Big Als
This solution will also increase the gear found in caches even tho if you find a achilles wooden nunchaku. It will sell for at least 90m, 15m*6 bb.
I understand many of the devs would disagree to this, but it’s the players that matter, not devs. We should be happy with results and income and value of our items/caches/gear. After all game is played by players not with a handful of devs here.
Edit: If we want to make Ched happy with this solution, they might also add a system to purchase caches with real money like donator packs. Lets say if a dp is worth 23.5m in pawn and small arms cache can be exchanged for 300m in big als, and the dp costs 5 dollar to buy, then simply set the small arms cache price for around 64 dollars? This is just an example considering small arms cache is exchanged at a rate of 300m.
Afterall, if the market price for any cache is lets say 470m, they can buy 20 donator packs with real money, exchange them at pawn shop and get 470m torn cash, then they can use that torn cash in item market and buy something. So adding an option to buy caches with real money is not so different than the current system.