Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

RW issue solution proposal

Started by Cbatt [2767756] on in General Discussion.

43 replies · 689 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 44 / 44 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Cbatt [2767756]
Tbh man I appreciate your contribution to convon but I personally hate this suggestion. You cannot inject money into the econ like that that. Donator packs support the devs and allow them to create things that are worth spending on, juicing the economy. Printing money any other way would be bad. Nothing good every happened from printing a bunch of free money. Just my opinion. Thanks for contribution
Lukano [2351099]
Congratz, you managed to weasel your way with multiple farms into whatever rank you think is good enough to brag about...nobody cares. You mention your accomplishments in every reply in this thread, while all you did was click "enlist faction" once a week...again, nobody cares.

So let me explain why your custom lobby wouldnt work.

How many factions you think would war if there was no reward for participation and they had to actually PAY for loosing ? Let me tell you. Nobody. There would be stacked Monarch enlisted for months with nobody matching with them. And how many farm faction owners would actually wager money on their lowbies participating in wars ?

You are getting free money weekly, stop being greedy, or learn to play f**king poker.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
Is this guy f**king insane?

You don't know me or who I have worked with.


Well, from your posts it sounds like you're responsible for every faction in Platinum making it there.

[image: media.giphy.com]
Cbatt [2767756]
My guy monarch wouldn't be sitting there enlisted. You aren't understanding any of this. Monarch would only enter queue if someone said "hey monarch, I think we can take you." This custom lobby gives them an opportunity to send a lobby code. Effectively saying "put your money where your mouth is." Noone would be sitting idle waiting on a match. That's the opposite of what this system does. This is for pre organized fights. You thinking this lobby would have a huge faction sitting idle shows a fundamental misunderstand of OP. Go back and read please.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
And you're still forgetting that nobody would be willing to do this. You act like all of our faction leaders have 100's of billions of dollars to just toss around willy nilly.

Your idea is f**king stupid. Get over it.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
You're the one throwing Monarch's name around as an example. And I'm self centered and only thinking about big factions? Look at you kid.
Cbatt [2767756]
There would be plenty of smaller factions doing this to settle stupid noob grudges. There would be plenty of mid tier people gambling. Extend your view last diamond please
Cbatt [2767756]
I didn't throw it out as an example. It was thrown out in the comment I replied to. I'm done replying to ya. You're not here for discourse. You're here to feel superior. Have a good night.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
What is your deal with hating diamond factions? There's something wrong with you.

And if there are so many people that would be willing to do this... Where are they? So far you've got a whole lot of "no" in this thread and you're the only person saying "yes".

Like I said, your idea sucks, get over it.
JackKelly [2271177]
I like that the prices of caches are crashing. I hope they continue. I'm looking forward to affordably being able to try out different armor sets. I'm looking forward to having my own personal plunder, warlord and revitalize weapons. I'm looking forward for all rw gear to be so plentiful, that people will actually have to consider what armor their target is wearing, before attacking, then choose their weapons accordingly.


Isn't this the free market in action? Once the price of caches drop enough, that it is no longer worth it for factions to war, they will no longer war. Thus cache supplies will dwindle, then prices will rise, then at some point it will be worth it to go back to war.
Cbatt [2767756]
Good point man. It is the free market in action. And it's cool that these weapons are more accessible to you. I would love to see the market sub to where less people wanna war and it rebounds. But the problem is we still haven't seen that floor. I believe we are seeing a false floor set by stockpiling of BB. But my whole goal is to get fair fights for those who wanna fight real wars. The money is all kind of secondary to me personally. I would like to be able to challenge specific factions. And balance the rewards to suit the matchup. This would do that. That was kinda my thinking anyways. But ya, I too wouldn't mind seeing the floor hit and a rebound. I just wanna see it soonwr rather than later lol
JackKelly [2271177]
Oh I think the floor has a lot further to drop.

I guess I can see your point. I don't think it would be used nearly as often as you do, (probably rarely used if I'm being honest) but I could see an occasional call out in the forums between two huge egos, one challenging the other to some sort of battle arena. Few people in each faction have the clout to motivate the entire faction into a war though, so in most cases leadership would just tell their member to shut up and quit causing drama. It would be interesting on the occasion that it happened though.
Sectory [2093611]
NS vs anyone, 1t pot. Let's go.

Fun idea though, would sway factions into making serious wars instead of farming.
Cbatt [2767756]
I would like to copy and paste this part of my OP

rw prices for caches and weapons are plummeting. Alot of this is attributed to the large farms who do not fight real wars, just deal for max profit. This puts tons of caches on the market without real effort. But why fault them? They are playing within the rules and making money efficiently

In no way did I talk shit about diamond. I encourage you to read my OP before replying but thanks for contributing. Have a good day.
Zanz [2830805]
This is a fun idea, but it's not ranked warring - it's faction duels and could be it's own mechanic, which would be awesome to have but wouldn't fix the current RW situation.
Cbatt [2767756]
That was my thought. But it doesn't even have to replace their farming. You can just take a week off to make a gamble or settle a grudge. It would be a way for large factions to have HIGH stakes challenge without having to start a whole island war to do it. But also smaller factions could have fun with it too. Thanks for comment.
Cbatt [2767756]
Agreed. I probably billed it wrong. I do believe it would have a positive effect on prices if it catches on though. High tier weapon demand could rise with a slight decrease caches produced. Definitely wouldn't hurt the situation. But agreed. A title RW wager duel proposal would have been more apt.
Nexus [105937]
These noobs with bought accounts need to stop making me agree with literally everything you say recently...