Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Deactivate account

Started by Freeside42 [3130271] on in Questions & Answers.

14 replies · 780 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
30
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

Most-liked replies

Freeside42 [3130271]
If I close my account to make a new one, would I have to make the new account with a new email? The problem of adding everything to another discord account sounds extra tedious
booby [2245352]
i think its a 2 week process, there's an official policy on restarting you should find and read. i can't find it lol
flare [2195157] Officer Officer
Here’s the full policy:
https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/Account_Closure

but yes I believe you could use the same email as when you choose to delete an account everything gets stripped including name, email, passwords et

The only link you get to the old account is a recovery key should you wish to return
Kwack [2190604]
edit: flare is 2 seconds faster than me
Read this wiki page
for steps on account closure, especially the last paragraph
In order to be allowed to restart, you must complete the deletion process on your original account. You may only have one non-deleted accounts at any one time.
Pickles_616 [2407528]
Restarting is dumb. If you're trying to hide from someone they'll just find your new account sooner or later. Better to just learn how to live with the heat and keep growing. They'll either get bored or you'll out grow them and flip the tables on them.
Robbo [1826175]
You can't transfer anything so all your stuff should be transferred to me before you delete the account.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Moved to Q&A

Providing you complete the process properly you can use the same email, confirmation is sent to you via email once its deleted detailing this.

Alternatively, just don't restart if its an inconvenience... I never understood the point anyway.
Freeside42 [3130271]
Thanks for all the information guys! I extremely appreciate it, i do really like the account I’ve made so far but after playing thus far, instead of centring my play style as a Merchant/Crime lord I would like to try my hand at being a level1 Glass Cannon for Warring..
BrotherPigeon [584064]
Are you sure? Aside from all the merits, health, and everything else you'll lose access to, you're never allowed to do the following as a level 1 account.
  • Bookies
  • Join a company
  • Lottery
  • Blackjack
  • Auction House
  • Missions
  • Poker
  • Russian Roulette
  • Spin The Wheel
  • Direct a company
  • Access Global Chat
  • Travel
Not being able to have any decent company perks, not being able to fly for profit or war, and very limited ways to pass time when sitting in hospital, almost no real way to make money outside trading...

It's not very common for a lot of reasons!
JackKelly [2271177]
Would it be that different from being a level 15 glass cannon for warring?

I mean I don't care. Restart to be a level 1 glass cannon for warring if you want. good luck with all that.
Freeside42 [3130271]
And you have convinced me to stay as lvl15 til after I complete my business education (and after the museum opens?), I had thoughts of trying to opening and running a theatre at a later date.. (end of thiiiiis year) :p