Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Easter Egg Decoration

Started by PrincessJulie [11229] Admin on in Community Events.

32 replies · 16k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 33 / 33 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
33
Discussion span
→
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
47 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
85 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

PrincessJulie [11229] Admin Staff
Decorate some eggs for Easter. Go on, you know you want to. Your eggs can be of any variety, including hen, chocolate, or love, so long as we can see an effort has been made to make them all pretty. Bonus points if you display your eggs in an elaborate or Torn-themed way. There’s nothing much more to say on this subject other than “Crack on!”


THE RULES



Decorate some eggs and display them in a pleasing manner.


Your entry may not be digitally altered or we will disqualify you - no eggsceptions.


Your entry must include your name and/or ID, and 2024 somewhere in the image.


You may submit up to three entries in one post - no eggstras.


You may not use any entries from previous competitions.


Do not post anything explicit or in contravention of Torn’s rules.


All entries must be submitted by 23:59:59 on the 11th of April.


The winners will be selected by the Community Events Team.


The decision of the judges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.






Prizes to be awarded



1st place: Gold ribbon + honor bar + 1,000 points + special gift + 100 FHCs


2nd place: Silver ribbon + 500 points + special gift + 60 FHCs


3rd place: Bronze ribbon + 250 points + special gift + 30 FHCs

Anemoon [1565175]
Second attempt - "Display in a pleasing manner" Easter Brunch Should be pleasing enough.
And it was for me and my family. :D

The Blueberry Muffins and Cinamon Rolls recipe i got from sallysbakingaddiction.com... they are really good. :)
The cake is a non bake Kwark Taart. I just use a Box (oetker) for it as it is better than if i would make it from scratch.
It is a round cake that i cut in egg shape for this competition! ;P

And ofcourse the eggs!
I need to brush up my painting skills thats for sure :D

[image: i.imgur.com]

So my first attempt at decorating an egg failed bigtime.
I am a baker so i cracked the egg out of habbit. o.O

The only thing i could do was throw it away with the rest of the trash.

[image: i.imgur.com]
Lottie [3251863]
Happy Easter everyone!

These are normal chicken eggs, hard-boiled and dyed/decorated, and perfectly edible. I've been making them every Easter, like my grandma used to make, and sharing them with friends and work colleagues, in her memory :) They bring me joy, and hopefully you'll find them cute and pleasing too!

[image: i.imgur.com][image: i.imgur.com]

* And now I made this entry as well, because I really wanted to have a Torn themed one, and I also wanted to showcase my faction, and how welcoming they've been to a newbie who is only just now discovering Torn, and enjoying every second of it!

[image: i.imgur.com]


* Edit - because quite a few people have asked me how my eggs are made :)

I get a pile of confetti/stars/shredded paper, depending on what I have or chose to use each year (one year I looted the perforated bits from all the hole punchers at work haha), I add bits of cut/torn onion skin, either red or brown onions, or both. Then I get the eggs wet and roll them through the pile of... stuff, so all the bits stick to them. I then wrap them up in straining cloth (or go buy new ladies tights and cut them up in pieces and wrap the eggs in the those), and make little tied up parcels. I then place the parcels in a pot of water, and boil them like you would normally make hard boiled eggs. After that, pick them up from the pot and place them in a pot of egg dye (in my part of the world you can buy egg dye in shops at Easter time). Leave them in for a few minutes, then take them out, let them dry a bit and cool down, then unwrap and peel all the bits off them. The egg will be dyed the respective colour, and the places where the pieces of paper or onions were will remain white/orange/reddish, respectively. Then you can coat them in a very tiny little bit of oil (drop of oil in a hand and roll the egg in your hand), to make them shine.

It really is a rather fiddly job, and it takes quite a bit of time and effort, but hey, it's once a year, it's Easter, and I think the end result is worth it :)
-GUNNY- [3132609]
"IN A GALEGGSY, FAR FAR AWAY"...

I decided to combine my love of Star Wars with my love of making stuff. Once I saw your Easter Egg competition, I thought Bingo! My favourite egg is (obviously) R2D2. What's your favourite???

As well as the character eggs, I created a Death Star case to house them. I think this was the best way to 'display your eggs in an elaborate or Torn-themed way'.

- Shout out to the best faction 'TORN GALACTIC REPUBLIC - TGR'



[image: media.discordapp.net][image: media.discordapp.net][image: media.discordapp.net]
Gangster [1369172]
My entry:
[image: i.ibb.co]

To ensure that even our visually impaired players understand what is being showcased here, I'd like to explain how I created the three different eggs. (Faction mate once asked me what my entries for Westworld games looked liked)

My wife, for various reasons, prohibited the use of real eggs for this event, so I had to use sinfully expensive plastic eggs and invest additional time to figure out how to make the color and other decorations adhere to the plastic.

Red Egg: Painted with red lacquer paint, with some yellow and orange added to give it a fiery appearance, as we were eagerly awaiting "Crimes 2.0".

Blue-Green Eggs: For these, I placed some rice with blue and green food coloring in a container and carefully shook it back and forth. The inspiration for this? Favorite food with my favorite colors.

Colorful Egg: I painted the egg itself with blue paint, then adorned it with very small pieces of red, light blue, green, and yellow paper, glued on with transparent lacquer paint.

Easter-Torn Theme Decor: All the eggs are attached with a string so they can hang on the palm branches. The branches are in a large white ribbed vase. In front of the vase is an Easter nest that I made with wood and colorful strings, and inside I created printed Torn eggs (featuring the face of the Easter Bunny, Xanax, E-DVD, and the Torn logo). Beside it is a golden picture frame with my "Worship the Rabbit" entry to make it more Torn-themed and to verify that my nickname and the year 2024 are on the picture.

To those who orchestrated this event, thank you. My children and I had hours of fun experimenting and decorating eggs. The eggs in the photos are the ones I created. Sorry for the long text, but I thought I'd share my experiences with fellow Torn citizens in case they want to try it out with their children too.

Close-up to see them eggs a bit more:
[image: i.ibb.co]

Happy Egg-Hunting and Easter everyone!

Mentions: Worship the Rabbit