Debt repaid
Grave
Started by MADD [2996793] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 137 / 137 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 137
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 62 / 100
- Historical score
- 47 / 100
- Story score
- 68 / 100
- Engagement score
- 83 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Dooxo [116017]
· 36 likes ·
"cause she is a female it may attract buyers" It sure attracted you instead :) - Cheb [876657] Reporter
· 32 likes ·
Your TL:DR doesnt explain your post at all. - RobberHood [2361494]
· 26 likes ·
Lol I love how accurately Chat GPT captures the vagueness of the entire post. Anyway, here's a shite meme that may or may not accurately depict the situation, who knows [image: i.imgflip.com]
Mentioned in this thread
999 [3179559] ×1
I mean a lesson learned is a dollar earned I guess. Too bad you’re a little short on lessons to make up that cost.
Your TL:DR doesnt explain your post at all.
KSorry that this happened to you mate. It’s clear you got scammed, just gotta somehow avoid being the nice guy!
It pisses me off when people put Tl;dr, but please open with a clear sentence or introduction so I know what I'm about to read so my brain can process it all a bit better/ summarise clearly what happened at the end
Copy that I
"cause she is a female it may attract buyers"
It sure attracted you instead :)
It sure attracted you instead :)
TL;DR for OP: he got hustled because for some reason he trusted some rando with a metric f**k ton of rw goodies and stuff so that they could sell it for him.
OP gave away some stuff. Why was this even posted?
Bruh you’re a f**king moron and f**k you for no TLDR
Simp.
Good warning post... not sure of all the negative comments...
TLDR: The user recounts their encounter with someone named SassySprite who appeared genuine at first but ended up scamming them for valuable items. Despite the loss, the user advises others to remain cautious in online interactions and emphasizes the importance of protecting assets. They acknowledge the presence of trustworthy individuals but caution against letting a few bad experiences sour the overall enjoyment. (CHATGPT GENERATED THIS)
Mind if I use it as a TLDR
Wasn't sassysprite in another scam like 1 month back? Have a feeling there was thread about it but not sure.
Anyway I guess some lessons are cheaper then others.
Anyway I guess some lessons are cheaper then others.
Yes, gaining trust for the explicit purpose of later taking advantage is exactly the definition of a scam, no need to call it something else. And using your guilt for not trusting the swindler against you is also pretty textbook.
Anyway, it may sound like silly behavior when you go through the facts of what happened, you can look back at it yourself half an hour later and be flabbergasted by your lack of judgement, but in the moment it's surprisingly easy to fall for it. Especially if you're not prepared for it. In real life people aren't primed to expect it and it makes it even harder to defend against. Torn is arguably a good playground to pick your own brain and analyze why and how this worked. Maybe it will come in handy in the future. Though of course one would rather hope it won't.
Anyway, it may sound like silly behavior when you go through the facts of what happened, you can look back at it yourself half an hour later and be flabbergasted by your lack of judgement, but in the moment it's surprisingly easy to fall for it. Especially if you're not prepared for it. In real life people aren't primed to expect it and it makes it even harder to defend against. Torn is arguably a good playground to pick your own brain and analyze why and how this worked. Maybe it will come in handy in the future. Though of course one would rather hope it won't.
Question: if they don't use female gender would you trust them that easy?
Classic torn male players:
Now I only trust the married ones, old ones, or super nerdy ones to be my inner circle.
Classic torn male players:
Now I only trust the married ones, old ones, or super nerdy ones to be my inner circle.
I really didn’t look at it from that angle. I would help anyone Male or female. Maybe I helped a more than because of the female, but at a friend level. It never really went past that.
TLDR of the TLDR.
OP sent rw weapons to a gambling stranger with no collateral and got scammed. Surprised pikachu face.
OP sent rw weapons to a gambling stranger with no collateral and got scammed. Surprised pikachu face.