Before I type this all out I just want to say that I'm fully aware that some crybabies will hate on me writing my opinions here, but I'm so delighted by this update that I do not really care about that, and it's not because I have any idea what is the best financial long term option for Torn (like many of the "experts" I see raging on about this) but because for once it is something affecting everyone and not just exclusivly the older players who has painstakingly paved the roads for everyone coming after. Newer players have no idea how easy they have it, it's a complete joke to see all the entitlement going around.
Veterans of the game have been shafted countless times by various updates, and for better or worse that is just a part of the game, in fact it is a long standing tradition aptly called chedding, and if you can make it long enough you will become immune to it. I kind of view it as a culling ritual of sorts. Some of those changes makes this one look like a nice sunday picnic..
Threathening to leave the game? Fine. Might be for the best, you won't make it in the long run unless you get over this...