Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Scammer warning: Charizard

Started by Chef_ [3383716] on in General Discussion.

287 replies · 7.64k views · thread synced · 15 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 288 / 288 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
288
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
72 / 100
Engagement score
88 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Charizard [1596990] ×1 Atmosphere [2732394] ×1

Chef_ [3383716]

I just started out on Torn and learned from a guide that it's a good idea to sell losses for some starting cash. Searching the forums I came across Charizard's post and I contacted him. I explained to him that I was new, and he seemed helpful by telling me how I could attack him and so on. I did, 7 times, and he has been ignoring me since. I contacted his faction leader Atmosphere about this, and he has also been ignoring me lmao. 

 

Kinda sad to do a new player like this, so I figured I'd warn others about these people.

 

Charizard is a SCAMMER

 

 

[image: i.imgur.com]

 

[image: i.imgur.com]

Mentions: Atmosphere [2732394] · Charizard [1596990]

HOLUX [509465]

🍿🍿🍿

 

Edit: I didn't brought enough, tbh, I imagined this graved by page 2...

 

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

 

This should do... xD 

Bumbi [3177056]

Do you have any screenshots to back up your claim? Show us your logs if that's the case. This has to be a misunderstanding at worst.

GeekyGangster [1816148]

Charizard has more friends than enemies and while this isnt proof of anything it must mean they aren't a total shithead, so I think you may be jumping the gun a bit and they will likely pay you.

But if they don't, well, what is that, $3 million worth of hits? You will make far more than that in no time.

Wenno [2757277]

Yeah but you haven't asked to be paid. Nobody is gonna scam for like 2.5m, it's not worth the reputation loss. Just ask him for the money, and don't sell losses to him again if you had a bad experience. Plenty of others buying losses.

Chef_ [3383716]

Well, this was literally my first experience on Torn so that kind of sucks to be honest. But I don't mind too much, just putting a warning out to others; I think that's fair.

Wenno [2757277]

Why would I be trolling? I literally have the guy on my ignore list, I have literally 0 reason to defend him. 

Morrakiu [3087359]

can't say im super up to date on Charizard lore- but, as a member of a sister faction i know they have more of a life than just torn. if you're that butthurt hmu and ill pay you for those while you wait to hear back.

Korten [290467]

I mean, you don't have any screenshots of asking them, or their faction leader for payment.. They could have been waiting for you to finish your hits so they don't have to waste their time paying you piece-meal.

But if there's any screenshots of that then the plot thickens.

Bumbi [3177056]

Did you message him first? It did specify that on his attacking thread, and I can also see he put it on hold. To be honest it just seems to be a misunderstanding, which I get you're a new player but making a thread and calling someone a scammer isn't the best way to deal with this. 

Charizard [1596990]

I was asleep when you made the last htis, and I have every intention to pay. You could have easily handled this without a goddamn thread lol

Chef_ [3383716]

Because you can't possibly be this stupid and naive? Other than payment, what else could I possibly I want after contacting him twice about the amount of attacks I did. He has ignored me since. Meanwhile he has been online and offline atleast 10 times, and has edited his initial buying losses post. He just doesn't want to pay me, lol.

Chef_ [3383716]

No you didn't, lmao. I saw you going idle, online and offline for hours after my last message. You even edited your post this morning[image: i.imgur.com]

 

Why did you not atleast reply to me in this time frame of more than 12 hours?

Sal_Maroni [2934528]

From my experience when I just started out, some pay for 10s, so you make 10 hits they pay, instead of to move cash for every hit. 

 

Payments can take a day or 2 depending on their activity and whether they are busy with wars etc. 

 

Just wait a bit, make contact again and make sure you both understand each other when and how payments work.