Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Graved

Started by Twiztidlogaming [2943854] on in Graveyard.

228 replies · 5.39k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 229 / 229 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
229
Discussion span
→
Authority score
46 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
72 / 100
Engagement score
90 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Pitbull_Mom [2961510] ×1

John_Of_Mud [712511]

Just a couple of questions for clarity:

 

Question 1: Were you all playing from different devices?

 

Question 2. Different methods of payment used for purchases?

 

I ask, because my RL wife and I both play, have been on same ip, and never been put in fed, We have also never used each other's devices. (anyone reading this, it was cleared as to not be an issue by staff before she started)

 

If it was a mistake, request id verification. the multi hunter program staff run is sophisticated, it tracks a lot of metric's (not sure what all it tracks, but im gonna go on a limb and say device id is one of them, and play style is another), its not perfect, but a lot of times its on point. 

 

I am sorry this happened to you, and I hope you can get it cleared up with staff and they get their accounts back. 

Umami [2168530]

Ah yes, A story old as time. 

 

You got caught multi-ing and the most logical way (to you, the guilty party) to defend yourself is to claim your "wife and son" play and you have been wrongly fingered. 

 

If this was true, you'd engage with staff through the report feature. but since you have come to global, I think its highly likely you're not telling the whole truth. 

 

Good luck

Twiztidlogaming [2943854]

We all talked to staff but they wouldn't listen u can go look at all 3 accounts and see ti.e played and networths. To see wasn't helping one account we even offered to video call staff to show it was multiple people

Umami [2168530]

Staff arent perfect, but they arent really often wrong about this sort of thing. in the cases they are, they're pretty good about correcting things. 

 

The fact you had money stripped from your account means they can identify it was gained illegally. 

John_Of_Mud [712511]

Same device may prove to be the issue here. you can self report and see if staff would be willing to let you guys submit id verification, this could be the only way to prove identity. Im unsure of how that process goes, or if they would be willing to let you submit to it. Would be worth a shot though imo. 

Umami [2168530]

ID verification doesnt identify the user of the accounts. Only that OP has real life people available to show their ID and claim to operate the accounts. 

John_Of_Mud [712511]

I can also see the logic behind this as well. Money being removed as you stated shows what staff would deem as "feeding", So ultimatly the other two accounts are more than likely gone. 

John_Of_Mud [712511]

Would be better to follow up with staff and see what steps, if any, can be taken man.

 

As I said before, I wish you the best of luck with it, and don't let this ruin torn for you. 

jdrr22 [2179552]

My real life partner and I play.  He's largely inactive right now, because he works a manual/physical labour job 40+ hours a week, 5-6 days a week, and commutes an hour each way to work/home as well.  Not much time left for torn, and we love playing phone games that pay us.

I contacted bogie and asked about how to navigate two people playing from the same location, internet connection, etc.

I already knew we had to login to our own accounts, on our own devices.  No device sharing.  

I already knew we cannot use one account to unfairly feed the other account.  Easily done. 

I have traded with him, sent him millions of items, employed him with no wage (trade was in items and cash when needed), and have money invested in his bank, all tracked through the game chat, and when I retrieve my cash, he will keep his profit.

You are absolutely allowed to have multiple players in one home.

You aren't allowed to feed items and cash from one account to another, unfairly balanced to benefit one account.

You cannot log into multiple torn accounts on the same device.

I know MANY real life couples, and families, who have played this game, successfully, over the years.  They are all still here.
My partner will be back around Halloweek, or Christmas, not sure what his plans are (and we have a vacation right at the start of Halloweek).... but I totally want him back and playing/growing, not sitting inactive, but.... I am also not stupid and don't log in or control his account.  Ever.

Sometimes he's home for three day weekends (this month has two statutory holidays in it, for our part of the world, so this weekend), sometimes he's home in the middle of the week day, and gone on a weekend day....but mostly, he was set in his very low activity time commitment.  I used to play most hours of the day and night and recently fell into a slump myself.

For you all to end up in federal jail, there HAD to be something going on that showed the staff you were violating the multi-account rule.  
I just saw that you log in on the same PC.  That's not wise.


Aezur [1950769]

I've played this game (and others with similar multi rules) with a player while living with them. Never had an issue. The problem isn't the wife or kid. It's enriching one account. The account that was being enriched is deemed the main, and the farm accounts are deleted.

 

That's why money was removed from your account, and that's why it's very unlikely you're telling the truth.

 

You can't even say you were helping them and that's what got flagged cos your account was deemed the main.

Hopslam [795412]

ID verify won’t even matter

 

staff deducted 1.6b+ so that means your account gained that much from the other accounts, whether it’s truly different people or not won’t really matter from the game admin side, one account is benefiting by 1.6b+ from the other accounts

Curious99 [1722360]

I recently got my roommate to sign up for that sweet, sweet referral DP :)

 

we're making sure to follow all the rules, and all is well!

Gladion20 [1832984]

What about that time in the faction thread when your wives posts started being in third person and referencing the wrong faction though, almost as if someone forgot which faction the account was under? 

Twiztidlogaming [2943854]

I grab her phone by Mistake that time. We have the same type of phone. And only time big money changed was when I bought a faction and we sold her old one to move everyone to the new faction.

 

To fix that I went bought a different kind of phone