Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Class A and B

Started by Antagonisto [3435840] on in Racing.

8 replies · 171 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
Antagonisto [3435840]

It seems pretty useless for anyone to bother trying to compete in these two class A and B because once you get too Class B if you don't have enough racing points too upgrade you're car too maximum, good luck in placing any race. There are so many players already in those two Classes that new players that get there are racing 5 maxed out Cars and you never can hope to place better then 3rd and get no points every race making you want too give it up entirely. Why doesn't it award 3 points per 1st, 2 points for 2nd and 3rd, 1 point for 4th and 5th that way at least doing 30 races for a new player and placing no better then 3rd would at least allow you to gradualy be able to buy new parts and compete eventually? The way it is now after 30 races placing 4th and 5th is a complete waste and doesn't allow you too get any better but just stay the exact same, never able to compete. I came into class B myself with 50 plus points to upgrade my Class B car and even after almost 25 races with those upgrades I have placed 3rd once and 4th or 5th every other race......so I have gained a single point that I can't buy anything with and so can't ever hope to compete in anyway since it's impossible to get any gain in racing points against maximum cars every race

DokterJo [3196016]

I purchased my license 10 months ago 06:10:25 - 03/02/24 You used 50 points acquiring a Racing License

 

I got to A class 7 months ago 10:46:12 - 06/05/24 Your racing class increased to A

 

I immediately started placing in top 3 11:25:03 - 07/05/24 You finished in 1st place in the official race on Stone Park with your Edomondo NSX and received 3 racing points

 

Did you follow any guides? You likely wasted too many point upgrading low level cars, and were point starved by the time you got to higher rank.

 

You have put yourself in a pretty tough situation. You can eventually start winning again, you will just have to grind racing skill to make up for you lack of upgrades. its going to take a long time. My advice is to start a custom race, set it to 100 laps, set max racers to 2, let any class car be able to join. You will find an opponent immediately, they will definitely smoke you, but you will be earning 100 laps worth of skill every race. Come back in a year or two and start racing for points again, but save those points, know how many you need to spend in B class, and how many you need to save for A class. Probably have to save them all for A class at this point. 

 

Theodore_Digby [2759705]

The random nature of races means you will get some wins with a car that isn't fully upgraded. As cumulative points is what decides your class you won't be racing people with fully upgraded cars throughout class B anyway. There's a few good guides for how many points to spend and what on in the lower classes. 

 

This is the one I used and it seems to be highly regarded. Though the cars are based on 100 laps races with a lot less randomness than shorter official races 

 

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16126414&b=0&a=0

 

 

Mentions: RD_'s Racing Guide "2.0"

HolyFuck [3474044]

I think what happens when you get to B and A the pool of racers is deeper, more opponents with upgrades and higher skill than yours. I find myself in the middle of the pack, able to beat those with no upgrades or less skill but always getting smoked by one or two (or three) other guys. whatta ya do?

cutepuppy [2118099]

I also almost got trapped by lack of points on class C. Luckily i managed to get out to B. And now on B, i don't spend any points once i am able to win some race. I am saving the points for class A.

ENKIDO [2250292]

I upgraded to class B with 4.5 racing skill and nearly 100 racing points .. I won 51 races back to back and upgraded my cars to maximum .. now I just received a notification that I upgraded to class A .. but I only have 50 racing points left .. my skill is at 5.5 now and this is not calculated at all .. I just hit a wall .. I'll look into the guides and see what can I do .. most likely I'll look for a job that gives racing points for job points to fix this issue .. if anyone have any advice pls do reply