Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

OC Auto Payout System

Started by DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor on in General Discussion.

72 replies · 1.24k views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 73 / 73 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
73
Discussion span
→
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
79 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor

Hi all,

 

What do you think of the new payout system?

 

I thought it was a bit odd that those with OC permissions can manage payments. I guess it makes some sense, but I feel that only people with vault perms should have access to the money side of OCs. It's changing balances, and you usually need vault perms to do that.

 

Edit: I do like the payout system. I'm not all complaining about it. The developer/s have done a good job.

I'm just giving my opinion on the permissions side of things. It's a minor issue.

 

I do also wish there was a way to reimburse consumables, but perhaps the new armory will deal with those issues.

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Every aspect of the Payout system has been thoroughly considered, including how permissions are managed. I suggest you try the system first, and we will then consider changes further down the line based on feedback, once everyone has become accustomed to it.

Unlucky [2472585]

Thanks for the quick implementation of this system. Makes our lives easier as leaders and keeps the whole faction happy. 

ChillySpunc [1905415]

Now you join an OC rather than have to be placed in it there's really no need for most members to have OC perms. You can have people who can loan armoury items and people who give armoury items and with this system you have people who can payout and people who can send people cash on request, I think 2 layers of trust is a good way to run a faction. If you have people paying out and mugging members then you know they can't be trusted.

Neliex [2857538]

You do realize we have to complain now just in case if everything works great. What will we complain about later otherwise...

Iwasme89 [1693153]

nah it's until your hopefully competent faction leader adjusts your behavior.

 

I would hope that people within a faction are willing to cooperate. Otherwise they'd be in the wrong place if I was the leader.

GFB [2623428]

An OC manager could easily monitor that, or just your faction members as a whole.

 

If someone is doing that and being an arse, they don't deserve a cut imo. 

KingCloud [1610768]

hey ched, why not just make the payout auto split based on how many days that person has been in the crime rather than an equal split?

 

stop wasting peoples time

Apatxe [2813453]

I mean if the faction decides to add to balance instead of wallet, leaders can easily make adjustments in a case by case basis and if this becomes a regular thing, kick the member. No bueno.

Neliex [2857538]

I think you are watching only negative possibility. It can also be used that someone who has more crime exp, skills, stats or whatever needed to do the crime can cover positions which others in faction can't.

 

There is factions with new players, it may surprise you, and I think it is nice possibility to be able to help them with OC and still have time to join your group OC.

 

It is all about team work.

Beerson [1576144]

If every aspect was so "carefully considered" why isn't there an option to split the pay according to the time spent sitting in the OC?

 

It's something I'd expect from a system designed to encourage players to cycle people between OCs in order to do more OCs with the same amount of people. If it was actually "carefully considered" how come such basic option to allow for a fair payout is not present?

 

At least don't feed us bullshit Joe.

The issue OP is talking about could go either way in my opinion, so I don't mind that just to be clear.