Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

OC Auto Payout System

Started by DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor on in General Discussion.

72 replies · 1.24k views · thread synced · 14 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 73 / 73 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Taxxon [882264]

"Carefully considered" only applies to things they actually think of, can't consider something if nobody brings it up.

Not the same as "we considered everything."

Simply because the committee and staff did not bring it up.

Wenno [2757277]

It's a good system imo. I agree that it's a bit strange that OC permissions get access to pay OCs, but the thing I really want to know is do people with OC permissions have the option to change where the money goes. Like, if they can't change the vault/wallet option without banking perms then I don't think it's a big deal at all. It just saves someone else doing that job. 

 

Can anyone test if this is a thing? Like, people with JUST the OC perm--do you know if you can change the option of where it's paid out to? Because I can see it maybe becoming a problem if 1 selfish person in some level 7 OC wants their money right now and changes it so they get their cut instantly, leaving others with cash on hand.

DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor

There isn't a way to first payout for consumables.

It's not fair to split the pay evenally if someone spent $2m on a core drill.

 

I suppose the faction will have to take a larger cut and buy the consumables once the new armory is implemented

JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

You don't need as many people with OC perms as the OCs don't have to be manually initiated, so just remove perms from those you don't trust enough. Seems like a non-issue to me.

ElmoSilverFox [2937166]

I feel it’s a bit odd, that you can payout to the balance of a player that left the faction, but don’t foresee it causing more problems then the existing vault setup.

 

so far I like it, it’s neat and simple, and will be applicable to a wide range of factions and setups. Those with specific wishes, tailored for them and a select few others can handle that themselves, I’m sure. Use dev time on the content that helps most players.

 

 

GFB [2623428]

Not hard for an OC manager to monitor the crimes and send the required items, paid for by the faction. 

Or whoever buys said item, just request a vault balance change.. 

Unlucky [2472585]

You’ve always been able to make payments to someone not in the faction with a direct link. 

For a while Ched held the balance of the prize fund in our faction. Now it’s a member that’s quit the game. 

Omanpx [1906686]

What happens if you select "Wallet" to payout to a member that's no longer in the faction? Is it sent to them directly as if you were sending cash yourself? If so, who is the sender in the event log (the person who clicked the button, or the faction itself)? It's clear what happens with "Balance" in this case.

Varides [2176530]

You do realize his response would be to force all members present in the OC before planning began, right? 

 

That takes considerably less overhead to manage on the development/UI side of things so be careful what you wish for... 

Taxxon [882264]

Probably one of the few, if ever, replies from committee members.

Started to think you guys didn't actually exist beyond symbolism.

lonerider543 [2173471]

I can confirm that the perm allows changing all parameters- The split %, whether to pay out items or money and whether to pay into inv/wallet or fac balance.

 

I do like the system overall and it saves a lot of work that I previously had to rely on scripts to make it more manageable, so well done in that regard.

 

However, for the permissions aspect I do agree that it should either be tied to the balance adjustments or money giving permissions, or at least be more restrictive so that they can process the payout, but not change the parameters that have been set by leadership previously (or maybe have the option to change the parameters tied to a higher level permission). It counts as controlling faction finances to me which is something that I do not trust most people with, unlike managing OCs (for 1.0 that consisted of planning and initiating OCs, for 2.0 that would be removing members).

Wulfric [1767972]

If the faction and the members are pretty active, you're unlikely to have an OC running for 2-5 days with a missing member, just for some scally to jump into on the last day...

DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor

It's a shame that the system doesn't tell you how many items each participant will receive before I finalise the split. It does with money, so its a shame it doesn't with items:

 



Glasnost [1844049]

Not every decision is made by the committee, but also admittedly the lines are blurry in terms of what can/can't be disclosed as it is context dependent I suppose, and sharing the wrong thing at the wrong time could cause a big issue. Can't speak for others, but sometimes it is easier to let the official announcements and people with the power make the calls on what to say rather than chirp up and misstep on an issue, as things can/do change between when committee see them and release.

 

But to be honest, you are right and we could do a better job in chiming in with stuff where it is ok to do so. But as one of the newer people there, I'll try get some clarity first from the powers that be.