Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

grave

Started by Mistral [2717731] on in Gambling.

24 replies · 325 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Mistral [2717731] ×1

ChromeMono [3433724]

I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure your odds are higher than 50/50 each time. If the dealer shows a king, you don't have a 50/50 chance, you have a really good chance of getting lower. Ditto if the dealer shows another polar card, like a 3. It's still really unlikely to get 25 in a row, but I don't think it's in the hundreds of thousands of attempts lol

 

Then again, I'm not a math whiz, please correct me if I'm wrong

Stephen_Lynx [2869110]

Is not 50%, and the odds improve as the deck gets thinner, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not entirely sure if the deck is kept for a bit or if it's reset on every turn.

CocoFelon [3301342]

I just used all my casino tokens in the high low on $10 hands for like 3-4 days i dont remember exactly how long and got it. I dont think i got particularly lucky and i can equip the honor if you dont believe me

Overseer [2143302]

Its kept for a bit, shuffled every few turns. I dont remember for H/L specifically but many of the casino games use multiple decks so the advantage of card counting is minimal

SeaLion [250755]

Basic high-low game, 52 card deck, ties are a push, shuffled every 15 turns. 

 

Following basic strategies you have about a 75% chance every turn to guess correctly, not 50%. You need to guess correctly 25 times, and I was trying just now I got to 24 within 4 attempts but I got the merit several years ago. 

 

P(25 wins)=(0.75)^25

 

So you have .075% chance of this happening, aka within 1,329 attempts. 

 

Just choose lower when the dealer has 8+, and higher when the dealer has 7-. 

 

Easy merit $10 bets, and you can prob get within a week or two of trying. 

 

 

 

DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor

With the TornTools script, which hides the higher or lower button and centers it, I got the merit in a few minutes

Camellia [2758196]

Yeah maths is wrong, idk if there's a specific formula to work it out but your odds will change constantly.

A round where you start with an Ace will always be better odds to win on than a round that starts with a 7.

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Observational bias =/= Statistics... Just because you got it in a few minutes doesn't mean everyone will.