Hi all -
I am a brand new Lvl 2, but am super excited to get going. I am looking for friends and "mentors" to help me learn the in's and out's :) Also, would love to get to know this community and become a part of it!
Started by Alan_Coholyk [3681506] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 33 / 33 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Ana [2233184] ×1
Hi all -
I am a brand new Lvl 2, but am super excited to get going. I am looking for friends and "mentors" to help me learn the in's and out's :) Also, would love to get to know this community and become a part of it!
That name of yours is gonna get you messed with no matter what. Just saying.
Mentions: New Guy
Welcome! This one is always looking for new players to help.
Mentions: Ana [2233184]
I would greet you to the game, but with a name like that, you are gonna get FK'd with constantly.
Thanks for the advice on the name! Sure woulda been nice if I would have posted this BEFORE I changed my name once, now I'm stuck with it for a few months....I suppose it will toughen me up
I'm sure you'll be fine.
Please add a few more tiles... That literally could be a comic book with so many more ...
...the next frame might catch me a forums ban. The next big guy has a TheFerrett sized... dirty bomb.
I was gonna comment on that but Spork.......... Your mind is GOLD!!!!
Call your ballad "Song of dNFKwthMe"
welcome o/
Good luck dude...I'd also think about removing those selfies in your profile.
Aw guy is a cutie patootie, so cute 🥰
Welcome Matt, let me know if you need any help or got any questions! Follow Baldr's guide and read as many guides as you can. Definitely helped me in the start!
Cheers mate 🍻
equivalent of "cut here" tattoo on the neck xD
Torn is definitely not one of those places where you arrive and the first thing you do is pop along to the forums and go
'Hi, it's me, I'm here, I'd love a mentor, by the way my name is 'Gunnafkwitu', <3'
Find a staff member and ask them to grave this thread.
Then go and read all the 'what to do if you're new' guides and don't come back here until you're at least a level 15.
If you need help, talk to your faction, that's why you're in one. If they aren't helping, get another one (but give them a chance to actually do something for you first.)
Good luck.
Join proper faction mate
Meh at least it's over 200k and they'll have some perks. Better than a 5k noob trap. Might be better for him to learn the game at a lower level, plus he'll be able to participate and hit in RW much earlier. I was clearing 100M in some wars when I was in a bronze faction, only had 100K stats at the time.
Welcome to Torn. If you have any questions feel free to reach out.
Another wide-eyed noob stumbling into the forums begging for validation and hand-holding. "Super excited"? "Looking for friends and mentors"? Is this Torn City or a daycare center?
You actually chose that name, used your one free change for it, and now you're broadcasting your fresh-meat status? That isn't edgy; it's a giant, flashing "PLEASE FARM ME INTO OBLIVION" sign. You didn't just invite trouble; you sent it a gold-embossed invitation via registered mail.
While you're here crying for "friends" to guide you through clicking buttons, do you have any concept of the actual struggles faced by marginalized identities within this cesspool? Try navigating Torn as a trans muslim non-binary bright green squirrel! We fight for every scrap of respect, facing systemic erasure and microaggressions daily, while you're worried about finding a "mentor" because you can't figure out basic game mechanics? Check your human-normative privilege, noob.
You want "in's and out's"? Here's one: Stop begging for attention on the forums. Read a guide – Baldr's exists for a reason, though clearly literacy isn't your strong suit if you thought that username was a good idea. Join a faction, any faction that isn't actively trying to scam you (good luck with that), and leech off their perks like everyone else.
This community isn't here to coddle you. It's here to chew you up and spit you out, especially with a name like that. Your request for friendship is laughable. Your plea for mentorship is pathetic. Your very presence here, broadcasting vulnerability with that name, is an insult to those of us actually fighting battles that matter – like demanding proper representation for bright green squirrels of faith!
Go click your little crime buttons and pray you don't log in to find yourself permahospd for weeks when your protection wears off.
Welcome to Torn. Sounds like you'll hate it here.