In my mission shop, I have the book "Run Like the Wind" that boosts speed by 100% for a month. The book costs 1868 credits. I currently have 6038 credits, and I want to save for weapon mods and books, but I don't know if this book is worth buying right now...
Book Dilemma
Started by CyberMeta [2173407] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 4
- Authority score
- 44 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 29 / 100
- Engagement score
- 52 / 100
That book provides a temporary boost. At the end of the month, you will be weaker. If you want to, go ahead, a book is a book.
But just remember it is temporary and you can't read another book during that time and you will be down 1,868 credits.
Books in general are rare so the advice I've always seen is to buy it even if you won't use it right away. It may be years before you see it again.
To be fair, this is not the most useful book in existence.
IMHO its use is quite niche.
One possible use that I can think of is if you join a faction who would pay you a premium to carry them in wars for a whole month.
I have no experience in this, just an idea.
I personally would probably skip buying it in your place if you are saving for mods.
If you have a purple egg, might as well use it and get 1,500 points, then get the book?
Books are gay!
But, seriously, dont waste your mission points!
Here, before using ANY book, read this guide. All books are in alphabetical order and says best time to use, what job to be in, how to prepare (items, etc). Books are one time use and most are for ppl with high high stats/wealth, etc.