bogie announced staff applications for Helper are now open through August 31 at 23:59:00 tct
Problem is the position requires using desktop to access Torn and I just can't be arsed.
So, I present a competition for most unhinged responses to the staff application questions!
Update: not full sure how I'll be doing the can participation prizes bc bumping started. I was hoping this would complete without bumping, but here we are lol. Also I had a typo, I meant 23:59:00 tct :P
Update: FHC prize unlocked!
Update: moved DP prize down to 20 entrants and added 2 more prize tiers & added chat ignore caveat to entry rules.
Rules
- Choose at least 3 questions from the staff application announcement
- Answer them here with your most unhinged answers
- Answers should be honest, but exaggerated for maximum shock factor
- Applications to this contest close August 31, 2025 at 23:59:00 tct
- I will choose the winner based on who I feel has the most unhinged answers
- Open to everyone, including current and potential staff
- Accounts fedded before end of contest will be excluded from the prize pool and if their entire unlocked special prizes these prizes will be removed from the prize pool
- Entrants who cannot recieve items from me due to chat ignore agree by entering this contest that if they win, their prize(s) may be sent to them via Lady_White's courier service
- Memes as answers are allowed
- Direct messaging me with your responses is allowed (if will post them on behalf of you and mark you as "anonymous" on the public entry list)
Prizes
- Of the entrants who answer 3+ questions, the prize will be 1 drug pack, given to whoever I feel has the most unhinged answers
- If I get more than 10 entries I will add a feathery hotel coupon to the prize pool and drug pack will be for second place (FHC prize unlocked!)
- If I get more than 20 entries I will add a donator pack to the prize pool, and fhc will be moved to second place, and drug pack to 3rd place
- 100 entries unlocks 1 keepsake out of my display cabinet (IceColdCola keepsake excluded) or item of similar value (to be announced).
- If I get more than 300 entries I will add a full max FHC 99k jump to the prize pool: 2 poison mistletoes, 9 fhcs, 16 Xanax (4 to stack with, 12 for insurance), 1 ecstacy and 6 erotic DVDs for the entry price. I'll be buying these with DP money if we get to this point. All other prizes will be distributed in descending order. I will explain to the winner how to use the items.
- 25-energy can to the post(s) with the most R+ at end of contest - undecided how many posts will be considered for this, but at least 5% of the entries? (Equivalent to 1 per page of thread with no bumps)
Bonus prize
Of those who answer all 11 questions, an additional prize of 1 erotic DVD will be distributed for the most unhinged responses
Questions (pick 3 or more)
Copied with permission from bogie
-
Why do you want to be a helper, and what do you believe are the most important responsibilities of a moderator in Torn?
-
Describe a time you witnessed or were involved in a conflict or rule-breaking in Torn. How did you respond, and what was the outcome?
-
If you saw a player toeing the line of the rules or intentionally provoking others without breaking them outright, how would you react?
-
What do you believe are the biggest challenges Torn’s staff currently face? How would you help address them?
-
What recent change or update in Torn sparked strong reactions from the community? How would you have responded to complaints about it as staff or shared your own dissatisfaction?
-
What is your general impression of the Torn community and its culture? How would you contribute to maintaining a positive and fair environment?
-
How familiar are you with Torn’s rules and enforcement history? Are there any rules you think are frequently misunderstood by players?
-
If accepted, what would your personal goals as a helper/moderator be? Would you be interested in progressing further in staff, or is this your ideal role?
-
What device do you primarily use to play Torn? (PC/Mobile?)
-
How would you promote a positive and inclusive environment?
-
Do you have any experience moderating other games, platforms, or communities? If so, which, and what did you learn from it?
Mentions: bogie [148747] · Staff Applications [Closed]