Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Quitting Torn, giving away stuff

Started by DCPX [3664719] on in Fun & Games.

128 replies · 859 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 129 / 129 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
129
Discussion span
→
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
82 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

DCPX [3664719]

Hey fellas,

 

Figured that I don't enjoy playing Torn anymore, and I gave away most of my liquidity to my faction. I used to have 1.2 billion in Networth.

 

I’ll be around for another week or so to check any replies here.

 

Got a few hundred mil left, plus around 50 xans and a few EDVDs, and I’d rather give them away to people who drop something cool.

 

Basically looking for:

  • Any weird or lesser-known internet games, web mysteries, or interactive puzzles — kinda like OverTheWire: Bandit.

  • I remember this one black-and-white text-based mystery web game that was super interesting, but I can’t recall the name — stuff like that.

  • Or just hidden gem websites, great learning resources, or massive info dumps about programming, hacking, or anything fascinating online.

  • Any really, really cool games in general that aren't well known at all.
  • Also down for any strangely cool or creative websites — things that make you go “how does this even exist?” or that you’ve kept bookmarked for years. Stuff like:

    • Projects or experiments that do something unexpected with the browser

    • Interactive art, data visualisations, or old-school web curiosities

    • Forgotten parts of the internet that are still alive

 

If it’s something I’ve never heard of, or something genuinely fascinating, expect a gift relative to how cool your find is.

 

Always down to discover the internet’s weird corners, so hit me with whatever you’ve got.

 

Begging won't get you anything, so don't bother trying..., maybe suggest something cool I haven't heard of instead?

 

I will only reply to provide clarifications or congratulate someone on suggesting something I've never heard about before.

 

UPDATE (23rd Oct 2025):

==============================================================================================

Thanks for the recommendations yall, I still have 20 Xans and 7 Edvds, and a couple million left.

 

Some things that I prefer are games that are NOT like TORN (I'm quitting, remember), and I won't be giving out stuff if I've heard of the game before (and I do NOT touch grass so I know most of the games already).

 

If you recommended something and didn't get a xan your way, sorry but I've either already heard about your rec or it didn't suit me.

 

I will be continuing to give out what I have left for however long I remember that TORN exists so keep the recs coming.

==============================================================================================

 

UPDATE (18th Nov 2025):

==============================================================================================

Thanks again for the recommendations. I don't think this post is alive anymore, so I'll be stopping the giveaway here.

 

Thanks to all who gave suggestions, hope the best for both your irl and torn lives yall.

 

It's been a good run. I certainly had fun. 

 

Goodbye.

==============================================================================================

 

My first time making a forum post, but I'll try to put logs (?) of the gifts I've seen in other giveaway threads as this goes on.

 

For the benefit of everyone, I'll log the cool stuff that I will be looking into:

 

Beerstein and KingNarwhal74 | Zork: https://dosgames.com/game/zork-the-great-underground-empire/

 

Salfatore | 

 

aphroditen |

Wiki Game: https://www.thewikigame.com/

Cult Websites like Heavens Gate: https://www.heavensgate.com/

 

LavLemon | Cool fencing game + Lore, Carillon: https://arc-res.itch.io/carillon

 

Sopdet |

Flash Game MOTAS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOTAS

Use Flashpoint to overcome the lack of a Flash engine: https://flashpointarchive.org/

 

Cool Game Dev (I love doing homework while gaming, I guess): https://store.steampowered.com/developer/MatthewBrown

 

Ok at this point im getting lazy (give me a break im leaving the game), so I'll put in forum links to good replies.

 

Lexeal: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=13&t=16509721&b=0&a=0&start=40&to=26541242

 

Lunalia: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=13&t=16509721&b=0&a=0&start=40&to=26541303

 

Bawllz: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=13&t=16509721&b=0&a=0&start=60&to=26542267

 

FreakyVandal: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=13&t=16509721&b=0&a=0&start=60&to=26542292

 

Swarley: 

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=13&t=16509721&b=0&a=0&start=60&to=26545245

 

megalomaniacal:

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=13&t=16509721&b=0&a=0&start=60&to=26545352

 

balt_vader:

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=13&t=16509721&b=0&a=0&start=60&to=26545902

 

pdk:

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=13&t=16509721&b=0&a=0&start=80&to=26561916

 

Fenault:

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=13&t=16509721&b=0&a=0&start=80&to=26562993

 

A_human8:

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=13&t=16509721&b=0&a=0&start=100&to=26567118

 

Sopdet:

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=13&t=16509721&b=0&a=0&start=100&to=26568056

 

Giveaway Logs:

 

19:17:50 - 15/10/25 You sent some Xanax to Beerstein with the message: Never heard about this, cool stuff!

19:18:52 - 15/10/25 You sent $200,000 to KingNarwhal74 with the message: Zork was already suggested before, but still cool!

19:19:53 - 15/10/25 You sent 3x Xanax to Salfatore with the message: WOW, very creepy AND very cool, great stuff man

19:27:14 - 15/10/25 You sent $400,000 to aphroditen with the message: Cult Websites like Heaven's Gate really is interesting, so is the wiki game, cool stuff!

19:36:38 - 15/10/25 You sent some Xanax to LavLemon with the message: Cool fencing game!

20:48:56 - 15/10/25 You sent an Erotic DVD to Sopdet with the message: Exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Great content that I'll look into.

07:24:41 - 16/10/25 You sent 2x Xanax to Lexeal with the message: Cool stuff! I know about internet archive though

07:30:40 - 16/10/25 You sent 10x Xanax to Lunalia with the message: Very cool list of stuff, especially the useless web, forgot about that gem

07:39:35 - 16/10/25 You sent 2x Xanax to Bawllz with the message: I'll probably use gifcities to troll my buds, good stuff man

07:40:21 - 16/10/25 You sent some Xanax to FreakyVandal with the message: Cool database, will take a look

10:53:31 - 17/10/25 You sent some Xanax to Swarley with the message: cool website, I didn't have much of a childhood but i'll look into it

10:56:43 - 17/10/25 You sent an Erotic DVD to megalomaniacal with the message: exactly the kind of stuff im looking for, cool stuff, also I can navigate through the website directory to see even stranger things

11:01:46 - 17/10/25 You sent some Xanax to balt_vader with the message: cool game, maybe i have a thing for graphic design, been getting 100/100s

07:39:28 - 23/10/25 You sent some Xanax to pdk with the message: Heard of the others, but root me looks interesting!

07:40:56 - 23/10/25 You sent some Xanax to pdk with the message: whoops I meant, progress knight, here's another xan to compensate the mistaken xan sent 👁️👁️

07:41:44 - 23/10/25 You sent 2x Xanax to Fenault with the message: Will check out root.me, heard of the rest, thanks for the rec

23:25:16 - 24/10/25 You sent some Xanax to A_human8 with the message: I'll check out magium, sounds cool (and free)

23:35:54 - 24/10/25 You sent 2x Erotic DVD to Sopdet with the message: All very cool stuff and games, the science stuff is especially interesting to me, here's 2 EDVDs for your trouble 🫡

Mentions: Quitting Torn, giving away stuff

Varides [2176530]

Are you thinking of "A Dark Room" for that black and white game? 

 

There is also infinite paperclips that is good for a cookie clicker style. 

Romarocky [3152013]

 

Btw, on steam there is a new game called "the farmer was replaced" where the game is actually programming via python a drone to collect resource in a farm :D

DCPX [3664719]

Already know about both of those... the black and white game is more of just white text and photos over a black background and some really strange sketches laid out like some crazy person's cryptic ramblings. I don't know if its a game, I just know I've seen it...sometime in my life.

KingNarwhal74 [3233353]

No clue if you've ever experienced an old text adventure game (minus the mystery), but I have to 100% advocate for ZORK.

 

1977, one of the early, but very influential text based games. Takes a little bit to get into it, but once you do, you can spend countless hours on it. Takes strategical thinking, creativity, and a desire to find secrets.

 

Original game was split into three, so if you check it out, start with ZORK I: The great underground empire.

 

KingNarwhal74 

sun-_-god [3709887]

I make this recomendations:

 

1.The Stanley Parable

I didnt know what to exoect and was very surpised about how it made me feel really engaged :)

 

2. keep talking and nobody explode

Its for two or more player and absolutely fun and infuriating at the dame time, as it gets pretty difficult real fast. Nice concept

 

🍀

aphroditen [3007057]

if you're interested in rabbit holes you might enjoy the wiki game- definitely not underground but its something fun to do as a timekiller- as for parts of the internet- something thats always piqued my interest is old cult websites- specifically heavens gate- super interesting to see how something like that was managed

LordBeanMelon [3425232]

Gimme your stuff.

 

Play some modded Minecraft like Tekkit shits good ASF.

 

Or if you want something alternative try out Shadows of Doubt. 

 

You play as a detective solving procedureally generated crimes like murders and other mysteries. One of the most emersive games I have played.

Beerstein [1322136]

If you like puzzle stuff, Islands of Insight is incredibly good. Failed launch and has been on deep sale and even free at one point.

 

Honestly, incredibly good just bad marketing and some connection complaints early on. Basically multiplayer shut down, but had little value anyway.

DukeBR [3758720]

About games i can suggest 2, IddleMMo (has a web version too like torn) but their style of game is forging equipments, minning, woodcutting, cooking, fighting monsters and people. About hacking game i suggest Vhack revolutions (only mobile)

 

Chris5295 [974757]

Have you ever heard of this one game site called Torn.com?

Crazy how a text based RPG game can exist and still be going strong for 20+ years.