Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

BUFF REVIVE

Started by Halyangx [1867864] on in General Discussion.

68 replies · 1.58k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 69 / 69 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
69
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Halyangx [1867864]

Back in the days, being a reviver was a good career path for people who didn't want to war/ chain. Due to infinity times a player can be revived, revivers make bank during big wars or attacking events (just with 1m per revive, no 2m/ 2 xanax bullshit like now). 

 

What's wrong with the current revive system?

 

  1. Revive skill is overrated. Noobs are led to believe a higher revive skill is good, leading to new revivers giving away free revives to increase their skills. This shouldn't be the case because a low skill reviver can be very useful for offensive revives (if we ignore the chance of being able to revive). Also, I personally use the low skill revivers for missions. 
  2. Revive percent chance is shite. Some revivers doesn't get paid for failed revives or sometimes get a lesser payment. This is just too hurtful for the revivers.

 

What i would like to recommend is, set a specific number of times a player can be revived, around 25-30 times in a day sounds fair to me, and revive skill only counts towards the amount of LIFE a player gets after being revived. A reviver should have the option to choose how much HP they want to give to a player. For example, a lvl 90 revive skill player can choose from 1-90% of LIFE they wish to give. (If level 50, 1-50% life)

 

Disclaimer, my dad ain't a reviver, my mum ain't a reviver, I dont have any friends... friends i have are NOT revivers, I dont buy revives during wars, I stand to gain nothing from this Revive Buff, but a positive change for revivers are a must in 2026!!

 

Discuss

Halyangx [1867864]

I think the change is net positive tho? 

Not harmful to anyone, but beneficial for the revivers... 

Controversial how?!

Aetrus [2473274]

You know, as a former top reviver, I really like the idea of being more flexible and choosing the percentage I heal them for. Heck, even just a toggle of 1% / 100% would be pretty nice.

Lolbits [2275419]

Hey! Former top 250 reviver (got there and went to focus on stats), I like the idea of being able to select the amount of life you give, but 25-30 times a day reviving is freaking insane, right now how it works is that you start at 100% (for someone with 100 skill, at 0 skill just do 10% less of everything) and then you lose some % for each revive, about 5-10% iirc. Then it regenerates over about 24 hours back up to 100%. So if my loss numbers are accurate, you would get at most 20 revives before your success rates hit like 1%, thing is, you will progressively get more fails during that time. If your thing were implemented, all revives are auto success, making skill less important (unless you make higher level revivers able to revive a specific person more times) but it would be a massive buff. Even if you set it to 15-20 revives per day you have to pay for way less fails. (because who in their right minds revives someone at 50% success or less without a failure pay) 

 

Honestly Id be down for this if you have it so everyone can be revived 5 times per day, then for each 20 skill someone has, they can revive someone an additional time, so a lvl 100 reviver can revive someone 10 times, or if someone at lvl 1 does it 5 times, then the lvl 100 can do it another 5 times that day. That seems a lot more fair if you want guaranteed revives, but idk its just my thoughts :P

 

edit: who reported this post? that feels silly

prompt_critical [2140245]

Reviving is a lot of work, it never was easy. Where it really pays off is through networking—going out of your way to help people, such as checking faction hospital targets with revives still open, sending them all the links to those people, regularly informing them of the revive chance of their target to try and ultimately limit their losses. But you do charge per energy spent, and energy is the most valuable resource in the game.

 

ALWAYS be stacking energy, even if you waste some, because when a big contract comes in it all pays out. During weekends reach out to faction leaders involved in wars with close numbers and offer your help. Be discrete about it and NEVER, and i mean NEVER expose your regulars, especialy if they require lots of hostile revives.

 

You’d be surprised how much you can earn and how many people will add you as a friend and keep coming back to you for great service. That’s what I’ve been doing for years now, and I sit comfortably every day, airing my message on Trade and waiting for my regulars to hit me up, while also handling Discord bot requests.

 

My gameplay style is a bit different—basically all I do is revives, poker, and talking to people—so that suits me. But yeah, I see your point; I just don’t agree with a single thing you said. What you suggested is way too complicated. Reviving can be extremely fast-paced, and doing all those steps for revives is crazy work. As I take my regular breaks from playing Torn and then coming back all I noticed is just more work for revivers.

 

The price is good, there are wars and chaos breaking out every day, and I don’t really see the problem. Just gotta try hard is all. Doing RW's weekly is ALOT more stable and all but too stresful. Gotta make up your mind tho, either you train like crazy, war and buy shiny things or you revive during weekends and train and do crimes during the week. Simple sh!t IMO! :)

Halyangx [1867864]

I can agree with this tbf. Gives more relevance to revive skills. At the end of day, we both want whats best for revivers. 

Zoot [1759387]

Doing either ways massively makes bounties or other harassment tactics waaaaay to powerful in my mind. Don't get me wrong, i do think the pre-selected heal for x health sounds awesome, but I still think the skill could be buffed in other ways. 

 

Sadly, off the top of my head I can't think of anything good beyond maybe even just making 100 skill more valuable? Only getting an additional 10% revive chance seems pretty low for needing anywhere from 1400 to 2k revives just to hit it. 

 

Also a top 250 reviver, but thats just a brag:3

Lolbits [2275419]

I dont fully understand how this helps make bounties and harassment easier, sure you can burn someones revives, but you can already do that rn and get their chances really low. Bounties/harassment only really affect lower level players since stronger peeps just dont get attacked as often even with bounties. Those weaker players cant exactly higher people to spam revives anyways so I dont see the benefit in the current system.

 

Totally agree on the 100 skill one, was so excited to hit skill 100 and then just felt nothing lmao, was just a milestone on the way to 4.5k (what i needed when i went for top 250)

 

happy to see another revive enthusiast tho <3

Zoot [1759387]

With having an all or nothing revive (you either have been revived 10 times for the day or haven't) you have a hard max to achieve and then that person is stuck until their med cd allows. atleast with the current system you can partially abuse your own med cd and revives to generally get out when you need to and do your things. 

 

Could just be a fear of change, and we couldn't know how well it worked til it's tried, I just see that way as possibly having a painful side effect if not implemented well

Lolbits [2275419]

thats a good point, honestly we would need to see lol, I do see your point tho, hard limits like that can be dangerous.

Abes74 [2148095]

I still only charge 1mil or 1 xanax,

 

RW

Skill rate

% chance of revive 

 

Thats what's hurt reviving