Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[Script] Browser tab chat alert

Started by Hasoth [4042954] on in Graveyard.

13 replies · 165 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
19
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
5
Authority score
40 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Hasoth [4042954]

Never miss a message while multitasking again. This very simple script adds a dynamic red notification badge to your Torn browser tab icon whenever you have unread chats.

 

Features:

  • Real-time Count: Shows the exact number of unread messages directly on the tab icon.
  • Background Active: Uses a lightweight worker to keep checking even when the tab is inactive/hidden.
  • Title Preserving: Updates the page title (e.g., (2) Gym) without breaking the page name.

 

How does it look?:

 

PC Only: Automatically disables itself on Torn PDA to prevent mobile issues.

 

Staff edit: Scripting

Hasoth [4042954]

Is it? I do not read rules everyday but it's so of course I'll remove it, I just wonder how would that violate any rule. It's not showing that on every page, you need to have torn open and it shows you that only on torn tab. Do you know anybody from the dev team so I can ask them to give the opinion on that? :)

Hasoth [4042954]

ok, I don't think this rule makes sense, since popup on the bottom of the game draws attention as well, and this is only chat we're talking about, not crime or anything...

Hasoth [4042954]

Sorry but thinking a bit more I need to argue on that, you can have scripts (that 99% use because to see stats of other people they need to have it installed as well) with outside database that shows who you should attack and you say bringing chat icon on browser is violation? It's pure quality of life improvement.

 

Feel free to report if you think it violates the rules, I'm happy to talk with devs. But first ban 99% of more problematic scripts and 99% of users paying for that game.

Mauk [1494436]

It's a stupid rule that's now being "enforced" site-wide because people intentionally misread the existing rules to excuse their obviously illegal mug bots.

 

Quotes on enforced since you could listen to chat in untraceable ways, so there's literally no way to know how many people use something like this.