Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

(Script) Oi...Have You Prayed Yet?

Started by -Fortie- [3566613] on in Tools & Userscripts.

14 replies · 415 views · thread synced · 15 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100
-Fortie- [3566613]

⚠ Deprecated Thread

Ever been doing your usual Torn routine and thought:

“Wait… did I pray today?”

And then you either forget… or remember right as you log off. Classic.

So I put together a small script that adds a Prayer reminder icon so you don’t miss it.

Simple. Quick. No stuffing around.
Script

What It Does
  • Adds a Pray icon (fits Torn’s style)

  • Has a Torn style tooltip so it doesn’t look out of place

  • Once you’ve prayed, it hides itself until the next UTC day (UTC = TCT time)

So it’s basically a little “oi mate” reminder that disappears once you’ve done the thing.

 

Before Anyone Says It…

Yeah, I know there are other versions of this floating around.

Most of what I’ve seen relies on API calls to track it.

This one doesn’t.

No API keys needed.
No external tracking.

It simply resets itself as the Torn day rolls over (UTC/TCT).

Kept it simple on purpose.

Local Only

It runs locally per device.

So if you jump between PC and mobile, it’ll still show up on the other device until you’ve prayed there too.

Although it's not synced, that’s the trade off for keeping it clean and API free.

 

If you’ve got ideas for better placement, cleaner tooltip wording, or reckon it could be improved without turning it into a monster — sing out 👍

 

Maker of

(Script) Oi...You Don't Even Have The Item

(Script) Oi...What's This Item Again?

(Script) Oi...Best Role For This Bloke?

(Script) Oi...Have You Prayed Yet?

 

Mentions: (Script) Oi...Best Role For This Bloke? · (Script) Oi...Have You Prayed Yet? · (Script) Oi...What's This Item Again? · (Script) Oi...You Don't Even Have The Item

Dakarnob [2810608]

It says next day. Does that mean it only shows up after 00:00TCT?

 

For anyone aiming for 'Forgiven' merit they must pray once within every 24hr period. So if it does not counter that problem then this script will not work for merit hunters. For people doing regular prayer it sounds awesome. 

-Fortie- [3566613]

Sorry mate, if I’m understanding this correctly, if you’ve already prayed for the day, it won’t show up again until the Torn day resets (00:00 TCT).

 

It doesn’t actually count how many times you’ve prayed or track a rolling 24 hour timer. (My understanding of the merit works on a torn day 24 reset not 24 hours since you prayed)

The icon showing up is basically your reminder to go do it.

 

For me personally, I just run through my icons each day. If it’s there, I pray. Keep doing that daily and you’ll eventually hit the merit.

So yeah, it’s more of a “don’t forget today” reminder rather than a 24 Hour countdown tracker.

 

Day resets in about 3 hours anyway, so it should pop back up for you then.

Let me know if it doesn’t 👍

 

I can always change it to a 24h timer reset rather then resetting come a new day in torn.

Dakarnob [2810608]

I've seen a lot of senior players say it has to be within 24hr of last praying for the merit. Although I haven't seen any such claims in wiki so it may be an outdated info. 

-Fortie- [3566613]

Yeah that’s fair.

I’ll look into this further and try get some proper clarity on the exact triggers for the merit.

 

My understanding could absolutely be wrong, but I was under the belief it was just x consecutive days with no breaks in the chain, which is where the idea came from to have it simply reappear on the Torn day reset.

 

If it turns out it really is a strict rolling 24 hour window from your last prayer, then that’s a slightly different beast and I’d need to rethink how it tracks.

Appreciate you raising it though, better to get it right than assume

Donut [3157771]

I actually have a script for this exact thing that requires no api key. Its a small hud that tracks when you hit the prayer button triggering a 12 hour countdown so you can pray twice a day and a streak counter that goes to 50. I would be more than happy to share with anyone who is looking to get these two merits!

 

I really like the idea of adding in a icon prayer reminder icon. Super cool!

-Fortie- [3566613]

Hey mate,
I just had a look through your forum posts and could find anything. Do you just run it for yourself?
Would love to have a look at it if you wanted and see if I can combine them at all. Even if its only for your own usage

-Fortie- [3566613]

07:16:58 - 12/03/26 You were awarded the honor: Forgiven

2 weeks of actually remembering to pray haha, this is why I made the script