Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Motivations

Started by xo-na [3708710] on in General Discussion.

93 replies · 972 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 94 / 94 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
94
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
79 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

xo-na [3708710]

Hi there everyone, I'm Xo.na. 

I've never really posted on a forum before but I figured i'd give it a shot as I had a curious question I wanted to ask to as many as would answer, that being.. What motivates You (The reader) to play Torn.

I've been playing for roughly a year now and have found my motivations have been changing month to month, first starting with bumping my stats as much as I could, to joining a faction, to helping small companies grow, making money and now getting merits and trying to grow my bazaar a bit.. as well as interacting with my faction and committing as many crimes as possible, naturally.. on-top of Moonlighting as a French Maid..

 Torn is a massive game and i've really been enjoying it, I'm interested to know what drew you to Torn, what motivated you to keep playing and how that changed.

I would love to hear from anyone willing to reply, Have a great Day/Night

Warriordud [3177526]

the community really, i don't think that there's many people who stick around for the rivetting crime gameplay (not to say that crimes are bad or anything), the majority of the gameplay is driven by player interaction

Trailblazer [2926943]

The forum interactions are what tend to keep me coming back despite not historically being active in games with forums. So much drama and helping out new players that it never gets boring and sometimes I even learn something myself!

My recent motivation has been actually joining a warring faction and starting to work towards getting myself some nice gear just for the fun of it. Been a pretty good time and an active faction chat really does make it better.

 

Anyway, uh, shit unoriginal AI post or whatever the karma farming SEO terms are these days.

Edit:

-Bilbo- disliked your post

Motivations

Idk why people talk about the PI economy being so bad, I'm living rent free in his head it seems.

Pakliuvom [1676337]

I'm still trying to loot every item possible from every NPC. That will probably never happen, mainly because of the seasonals, but that's my main motivation to keep playing.

Pinguux [2331130]

My faction / my friends / the haters where I live rent free 👀 

 

The whole game to me is about who you interact with and how you hold yourself..

 

CocheBasurero [3621520]

What motivates me to play Torn is becoming a Torn legend, with a hot wife and a ton of battle stats. That's truly the definition of achievement. The hot wife is secondary, the battle stats are primary. If you died your wife would move on in a few years. Your faction would give you a fallen status and never forget you. Choose your loyalty wisely or be forgotten. 

Alice730 [4055977]

My fac is a big positive and i set a goal for me getting EOD armor, besides that im doing educations and trying to get a merit every few days now, just moving along. Got stupid ideas i want to try also

Epiales3107 [3243915]

A friend of mine got me to join to run an LM, I just did crimes and wars to pay for trains in a HS to rush bachelor of business and bio. (Also bought some DPs ngl)

 

I mostly did bare minimum and browsed forums, but then I encountered the Razers, and they ignited my passion to play more seriously. My goals now are merit chasing, CE (I want to be a big player in PAs), and building up income. 

 

I also really enjoy that we take in and mentor new players. I dont claim to be an expert but I offer what advice and perspectives I can. I help with guides, buying their stuff, making introductions, and so on. 

 

It is really rewarding when you get some days in to see people you support grow. With the timing of this post I was just discussing with one of these family members that they used to tell me they "sent a big trade" for $5-8m worth of stuff and typically sent ~$2m of plushies/flowers, now on average it's ~$35m of stuff and if he says he sent a big one it's double that. 

Faith [2659506]

A. People are (on the whole) friendly here - It's great to build a community and to have a place to chat about random stuff over the months and years.

B. Numbers go up - Spicy brain - Approve.

 

A little of Option A, a little of Option B, who knows which takes priority! 

 

 

 

xo-na [3708710]

Ai? I wrote this myself.. :/ fair enough though 

I think it's interesting you also tend to stay away from  games forums and chose Torn's to interact with, even better you decided to stick around, join a warring faction and get more involved with Attacking and warring, those were my same intentions when I started, although i'm not following through with them haha

xo-na [3708710]

I love that as a motivation, I absolutely love the fact you can farm bosses and work together with others to get a shot at getting something truly rare and unique, as a guy who loves looter-shooters, looting, farming and raiding is my thing as well Bl2 is my one of my favorite games of all time. 

I've participated in a few NPC attacks and the thrill of when they finally fall and getting a ping is addictive for sure, I only ever got a pressure-cooker grenade from Duke and sold it, How was your luck, what have you managed to loot?

xo-na [3708710]

Absolutely, the part about holding yourself reigns true as well.

Stoking the fire keeps us all warm aye ;) we all need haters haha

Great gif too :)