Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Dead Man's Switch

Started by pilvlp [2796461] on in General Discussion.

28 replies · 983 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
29
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

pilvlp [2796461]

What happens when we die?
What do you want to happen when you die?

 

Life happens and then it ends...

 

[image: media3.giphy.com]

 

...but Torn may still be around

 

 

  1. What arrangements / measures have you taken for Torn to ensure actions / activities take place in the event you die IRL? Deaths come in all shapes, sizes, and statuses. Will staff intervene to disseminate funds for the game's top investors should the unfortunate occur?
  2. Should a Dead Man's Switch or beneficiary system be added to the game? Why? why not?
  3. Hypothetically speaking, what if someone creates their own switch? What are the chances it would be spotted?

 

pilvlp [2796461]

Protip: create trades with a trusted friend with your entire networth every 6 hrs as a dead man's switch

Edit: Stupid tip - because it won't work LOL

Wood [2175573]

My IRL wife is my in-game wife. I'd trust that she could have marked "Rest in Peace" and recoup/claim at least some of our shared assets.

 

Otherwise, what'll it matter? I'll have bigger concerns (or none, depending on your worldview) than a text-based internet game.

Qara [2787076]

When I was in leadership in a faction I made sure I had someone who could easily take over my tasks so the faction could easily carry on.  I am not dying (though some in the game might wish it) but I am due for a surgery and like you, I wanted to be sure the faction would be ok. 

 

It really worked well since it is allowing me to travel to different factions right now and learn about them.  I have truly enjoyed doing this.

 

Great thread and I do hope people keep this in mind if they are in a leadership role.

pilvlp [2796461]

I wonder if there's a legitimate legal angle for this.

I asked AI about estate laws for the US/UK. It states it may be possible in theory but not easily or economically. Interesting read after sharing all of Torn's rules and policies. https://www.torn.com/rules.php

Take it with a grain of salt - it sounds like it's possible via will but requires Torn's written consent for approval.

SurferH2O [42164]

I like this idea.  That we can name someone to distribute our Networth or specific items.

 

I guess I'll write down my login information and tell my son to give it all to Morgan Freeman.

 

 

Abetting [2016807]

I'm going to transfer ownership to my most trusted kid. I'll be dead so it wouldn't be account sharing at that point.

 

I'll raise them do the same thing.

 

You'll never get rid of me.

StandardG [4357040]

This is why drug dealers don't need to be spending money frivolously.  Goofy shit you'd see in a cemetery on tombstones to say the least lmao

SwiftTitan [1032989]

Idk, we already got Torn in space. Being able to log in from the after life doesn't seem to far away. 

 

If your version of heaven is perfect....does it have Torn or not? Or is it already blacklisted xD