Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Trade Up Challenge!

Started by Burgerdoggin [4400233] on in Fun & Games.

18 replies · 84 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
21 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

_-_ [1718799] ×1 Shinsengumi [2097185] ×1 Tumblie [2118262] ×1 StereoPT [2418731] ×1 6FallenAngel666 [2829970] ×1 BlueStarz [2863022] ×1 Jubaka [2933938] ×1 Player 3156777 [3156777] ×1 Kyluhn [3184637] ×1 Adrian [3310402] ×1 RagnarSkyborn [3438807] ×1 Rhunoen [3485156] ×1

Burgerdoggin [4400233]

Hi everyone! I am a fairly new player and have enjoyed playing torn since I started. I noticed how great the community is here and decided to give this a go. The inspiration comes from the paper clip challenge where you start with a paper clip and keep trading up for something of a little more value.

 

My goal is to be able to start with something small and work my way up to an item of much larger value or possibly a PI! Not only would it be fun to do so, but meeting new people along the way is what makes it exciting!

 

The rules are pretty straight forward:

  • I will start off with an item that is of low value
  • You send me a message with the title "trade up challenge" letting me know of an item that you have with slightly higher value than my current item to trade
  • I will respond back to you and setup the trade. (The reason I prefer messages directly is to prevent spam posts in the forum thread. I will keep an updated list of the item I am currently holding in the thread)
  • The updated list will have the items posted so everyone can see along the way as well as the person that traded it to me unless they request to stay anonymous
  • Only items are accepted, no cash or businesses. If you have 2 items that have higher value than my one item then that would be ok as well. 😁

 

Let's see where this goes! I will post the first item here to get started. 

 

(Me) - Hammer -->

Burgerdoggin [4400233]

I haven't really read through the games forums very much, nor claiming to be the first to do this. Is there a problem trying it out?

Burgerdoggin [4400233]

If thats how you look at it thats your opinion. If I wanted to beg I wouldve made a post straight up asking for money. Like I said in the original post its a good way to meet new people as well. since Im new I dont have a whole community of people around me. And I also think its a fun challenge. All good though!

Burgerdoggin [4400233]

If thats how you look at it thats your opinion. If I wanted to beg I wouldve made a post straight up asking for money. Like I said in the original post its a good way to meet new people as well. since Im new I dont have a whole community of people around me. And I also think its a fun challenge. All good though!

Apolinus [3017918]

Congratulations, you’re the twenty fourth person (at least) to try to convince people to give you free stuff in exactly this way.

 

 

Most recent:

 

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=10&t=16594983&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=27786256

 

Before that - 

 

Started with a Brick - Now Windproof Lighter by PLEZeR

 

One Red Paperclip Project  By Gluttonist

 

Trading Game: Lead Pipe to... EOD Apron? By Aim

 

Trade challenge by Courageousdude

 

Paperclip Challenge (Torn Edition) byBluepowerranger

 

This graved thread by Articunite

 

Paperclip challenge first private island by Jubaka

 

Trade up challenge by Madilynn-skybaby

 

Trading Game Lottery by Scratchcartel

 

From zero to private island by Stereopt

 

Trading a paperclip up to a base PI by Adrian

 

Trading a Bottle of Beer up to a Maxxed PI by Bluestarz

 

Paperclip to house challenge torn edition by 6FallenAngel666

 

Trade Up Challenge by Cariciok

 

??TORN CITY TRADE-UP CHALLENGE?? by RagnarSkyborn

 

Trading Up! by Teutarez

 

RED PAPERCLIP - Bigger and Better by Shinesegumi

 

Paperclip to PI by _-_

 

I have a dream - trading from dump item to a PI by Rhunden

 

Tumblie's Tradeup Game Raffle Brick to PI by Tumblie

 

And in the donator forum:

 

HELP-A-NOOB trade-up by Cloud33

 

Notepad to PI by Kyluhn

Mentions: 6FallenAngel666 [2829970] · _-_ [1718799] · Adrian [3310402] · Aim [3767961] · Articunite [4046030] · BlueStarz [2863022] · Cariciok [3156777] · Cloud33 [4066658] · Courageousdude [4407282] · Gluttonist [3897271] · Jubaka [2933938] · Kyluhn [3184637] · Madilynn-SkyBby [3558000] · PLEZeR [4442716] · RagnarSkyborn [3438807] · Rhunoen [3485156] · ScratchCartel [3855729] · Shinsengumi [2097185] · StereoPT [2418731] · Teutatez [3843328] · Tumblie [2118262] · VagrantMan [3812021] · ??TORN CITY TRADE-UP CHALLENGE?? · [StereoPT] From 0 to Private Island · From Brick to Rich! Uptrade Challenge · Grave · I have a dream - trading from dump item to a PI · One Red Paperclip Project · Paperclip Challenge (Torn Edition) · Paperclip Challenge First Private Island · paperclip to house challenge Torn edition · Paperclip to PI - [Accepting Trades] · RED PAPERCLIP - bigger and better · Started with a Brick - Now Donator Pack ($24M) | Who can trade me up? · Trade challenge · Trade Up Challenge · Trading a Bottle of Beer up to a Maxxed PI :-) · Trading A Paperclip Up To A Base PI · Trading Game Lottery (WIN Xanax/Drug Packs) · Trading Game: Lead Pipe to... EOD Apron? · Trading up! · Tumblie's Tradeup Game Raffle - Brick to PI

Burgerdoggin [4400233]
  1. Hammer traded for Luger from LordOkram. Thank you!
  2.  Luger traded for Bikini from ZStankyhobo. Thanks!

 

 

current item - bikini

Burgerdoggin [4400233]
  1. Hammer traded for Luger from LordOkram. Thank you!
  2.  Luger traded for Bikini from ZStankyhobo. Thanks!
  3. Bikini traded for Empty Bloodbag from Dunnski. Thank you 😂

 

 

current item - Empty blood bag

Burgerdoggin [4400233]
  1. Hammer traded for Luger from LordOkram. Thank you!
  2.  Luger traded for Bikini from ZStankyhobo. Thanks!
  3. Bikini traded for Empty Bloodbag from Dunnski. Thank you 😂
  4. Empty bloodbag traded for a Xanax from PLEZeR. Thanks!

 

 

current item - Xanax

Burgerdoggin [4400233]
  1. Hammer traded for Luger from LordOkram. Thank you!
  2.  Luger traded for Bikini from ZStankyhobo. Thanks!
  3. Bikini traded for Empty Bloodbag from Dunnski. Thank you 😂
  4. Empty bloodbag traded for a Xanax from PLEZeR. Thanks!

 

 

Current item - Xanax

Burgerdoggin [4400233]
  1. Hammer traded for Luger from LordOkram. Thank you!
  2.  Luger traded for Bikini from ZStankyhobo. Thanks!
  3. Bikini traded for Empty Bloodbag from Dunnski. Thank you 😂
  4. Empty bloodbag traded for a Xanax from PLEZeR. Thanks!

 

 

Current item - Xanax