Like what you've done with the place guys!
I'm looking forward to playing this version of torn
Loving the look
Started by Prepotente [1546499] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 24
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 57 / 100
- Historical score
- 35 / 100
- Story score
- 66 / 100
- Engagement score
- 66 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- IceBlueFire [776] Officer
· 1 likes ·
Welcome to set width, responsive, design.
Mentioned in this thread
shuvool [692945] ×1
and so it begins.
slurp slurp..
Everything seems crowded in the center of my screen now. The left 1/4 and the right 1/4 of my screen are just grey borders now
same, but i could get used to it
shuvool [692945]Everything seems crowded in the center of my screen now. The left 1/4 and the right 1/4 of my screen are just grey borders now
Welcome to set width, responsive, design.
Mentions: shuvool [692945]
blahhhh to me
Really?
- Everything seems crowded in the centre with 1/4 of the screen on the right and left being just grey borders
- The Karma method is broken as you can vote people up or down multiple times (For each of their comments)
- The 'Hall Of Fame' is completely unnecessary to everyone
- Unnecessary 'find the location on a map' situation when you go to travel
- Unnecessary laggy 'flight' animation with clouds
- 'Weapons' no longer stack despite items stacking perfectly fine
- The city map now has some stupid flash animated ball that is unnecessary
- The 'captcha' is now glitched and is shown to the side rather than above the numbers
- The 'Lists' are completely pointless and broken (I don't need to be reminded of my friends & enemies every time I look at the page)
- Unable to like/dislike threads or comments when flying (Using laptop)
- Laptop is broken when flying (Image link examplebelow)
http://tinypic.com/r/2qmoz8z/8
This really messed up a lot - cannot say that I enjoy the new look or broken systems that are implemented.
Edit 1; Everything is a freaking flash image and as such its laggy as hell and pointlessly complicated.
I guess it's alright, didn't expect it to be this way. Looks a bit like C.rime V.alley, the Torn copycat.
The number of pro's is bigger than the # of cons so thanks Ched, it's definitely more pleasing to the eye.
So far so good.
But it was a bit small on notebook. But everything work fine after I zoom-out the view.
"- Unnecessary laggy 'flight' animation with clouds"
I use some add-block images program to block it. It displaying time only for me.
[:evil:] looks ok,its gonna take a lot of getting used too. prefer the old one though still. Be prepared for a lot of bitching hah
Being unable to over size the buttons on my tablet is going to lead to a lot of frustrating misclicks for areas where there isn't much gap between them. I hope none of the regular ones are too close to something important you don't want to click and they all have confirmation screens.
I saw someone mention the Casino just now. Popped by and lost over $1,000,000 on slots. Good start!
Initially the page loading was slow. But it is getting quicker now. It will take sometime to get used to it.
Looks a lot better
i love the design. my only complaint is that i feel like the display should be wider, so i don't have such large margins. but, compared to other websites, it's the same width, so maybe i just need to get used to it. or maybe they need some sort of graphic on the sides to fill the space? but kind of a background image that fades into the background, not one that draws your attention.
Yeah... it sucks...
Agree with most, display should have been a little wider.
So far I have to admit I have spent a couple hours today just exploring a game I have played for years. I really like it. I would say my favorite is the company pages. I feel much more like a director now then before. I like the profit tracking and the highlights when training. Its nice. There are a couple small bugs i have seen. When you use all your trains it doesn't reflect till you refresh the page and when your training people the warning "out of trains" should be prompted where you confirm the train and not on top where i have to scroll up to see the last three trains i performed were a no go lol. But I am liking it and it was long awaited for this fresh new look. I will reserve any permanent feelings for later but Ched and his team did a good job. Love the new lottery options as well.
I still desperately desire a mission statement area for our companies :( we can talk about our hiring minimums instead of using our company names to talk to players...We all know Ched loves that lol.
Its really good love the new update.