Only if you hardly ever use the faction armory. The information on who donated what amount of money and points is gone. I relatively remember a few numbers and names, but this is going to be a nightmare. At the very least I would expect a notification for something like this.
I'm not understanding the comment faction bank is in the armory? All I see is the ability to donate. That isn't the bank... that is the deposit drop off of the bank. The bank is all the information that tells how dropped off what and who took out what and how much they have now. I've turned off everyone's access to the money for now and am asking them all to tell me what they think they had in the bank... if when I get everyone's numbers, we are fairly close to the total, then I'll just trust everyone.. if we are not close then I'll have to figure something else out. We have a lot of old and reliable players so I am assuming this will work out fairly well... but it is not ideal. how hard is it to put that back into the program? and how is it possible that not one person who was in the planning of this didn't think it would be a good idea to warn factions of this change? I thought there was a beta crew testing the system out before it went live?
Yeah this is pretty detrimental to our faction too. A heads up would have been really nice and I agree this is a pretty big fail if this data cannot be recovered.. Most of my faction used the bank for safekeeping and now we have no numbers, only rough estimates.... Not great.
If its intentional it is probably the developers trying to stop faction scamming. I have read a LOT of whine on the forums about people being scammed by their faction.
I thought about taking screenshots... I just never thought about the information just not being there anymore... Sigh.... It will get resolved...maybe not to everyone's satisfaction but it will get resolved.
-V- [957318]
I am so glad I took a screen shot of everything yesterday incase something like this happened.
If its intentional it is probably the developers trying to stop faction scamming. I have read a LOT of whine on the forums about people being scammed by their faction.
So the solution is to make it easier for them... now it's up to the leaders to say if their members are telling the truth rather than a legitimate counter provided by torn itself. I luckily got my savings because i had a record of it from the day before. Now people not only have to go through months of donation records, they have to do it again to see if they withdrew anything. With a high possibility of screwing it up.
So, yes this made a wonderful impact on faction scamming.
This is just stupid... This is going to make a lot of people angry and quit the game. Good luck keeping the game alive with this Chedburn. What a stupid ass decision to do this, specially without warning...
I'll ride out the storm, wait a few weeks, if these things haven't returned back, then I'm definitely out of here...
im lucky i had no money in the faction bank! Surely it cannot have been missed from consideration because it is clear what response it was likely to bring.
Just guessing - but I think the old faction members page was constructed from a number of sources. One of those sources would have been the number of donations and withdrawals a faction member had made. So a computation was carried out every time the page was asked to be displayed. Alternatively, the "current" figure was stored somewhere and then just grabbed and displayed. So after RESPO - what is going on? If it has been a deliberate or even accidental omission not to display this - then I assume the figures are simply not available anymore either to compute or grab. If so - hard to fix other than perhaps a change of policy and then some SQL to go back to the old data, collect and then amend RESPO. But if no change of heart/policy nothing will be done. It is possible that the data in RESPO is there, and all that is needed is to display the data.
I got a question, why didn't any committee get in cheds face about this? That's what they're there for. He made a mistake but none of them stood up to him and fought over it, ax them all seriously. There's no way any committee member should have let this happen without a massive fight.
I got a question, why didn't any committee get in cheds face about this? That's what they're there for. He made a mistake but none of them stood up to him and fought over it, ax them all seriously.
We did and I've raised it again today.
DeathPulse [1676439]
bl0ndie [179706]
Did you have a forum thread showing who had what in the bank ?
I don't see what this would do, as all of the threads have been wiped anyway.
This is causing hell for a lot of people. The faction donations need to be re-added to the members page so people can get their money back, because right now there's no proof that what someone had in there is true, unless the members page was screencapped.