Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction bank !

Started by Medicine [1328613] on in Questions & Answers.

98 replies · 2.13k views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 99 / 99 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Rekker [1761]
Beerstein [1322136]

I can't even access any of the pages under "my faction" they're all blank.

Just click the address bar and hit enter then it shows :)

Mentions: Beerstein [1322136]

Julez [237543]

Let me guess, most of the factions with several banking staffers/commitee members in them won't have this problem?
I can see theres room potentially small errors in an operation like this and the importance for a warning a gets overlooked.
BUT, considering the foreknowledge and how potentially bad of a thing this will be for quite the few, I can't see how this isn't gonna get fixed ASAP to be honest.

If fixing this gets overlooked and it doesn't get fixed by staffers/admin this is about the worst Ive seen so far.
And this doesn't even affect me personally.

I don't see a point why this isn't been warned for but alas, things happen...

Word to the admins: Fix this asap before things get worse than it already is.

KnifeGirl [1548391]

Just spotted that if ask for help from the very top, as expected it opens the Torn wiki - but I can find no reference to "faction bank". Was it there before in the old wiki? Is this a new wiki? No reference means it is intentional - yes? And so faction leaders will have to do more work off-line from TC and/or saving money is no longer an option.

Cerberus [1525824]

This is bloody chaos. A little forewarning would have been f**king nice. We kept track of actual donations, not members storing funds. Now we have funds from anywhere between 10-40 members we can't release as there is nothing on record that doesn't involve dozens of pages from both main news and donation news.

A little help from staff on this would be absolutely phenomenal.

Confusion [658870]
Beerstein [1322136]I got a question, why didn't any committee get in cheds face about this? That's what they're there for. He made a mistake but none of them stood up to him and fought over it, ax them all seriously. There's no way any committee member should have let this happen without a massive fight.

Personally I havent quite got what the PC did precisely. Do they actually pass on information to Ched about what players suggest, in places such as the suggestion forum for example. Pretty sure I didnt see any acknowledgement of suggestions made in the old suggestion forum...

Mentions: Beerstein [1322136]

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Wow... So now I don't know what people donated to my faction for me to bank for them...

Thanks a million Torn Staff for instantly turning all faction leaders into scammers without any prior warning.

If this isn't fixed, this could go down as the biggest failure of the entire RESPO update considering nearly ever faction has people that bank in the faction.

Un freaking real.
Wiffle [761145] Committee Committee
Skyes [658870]
Beerstein [1322136]I got a question, why didn't any committee get in cheds face about this? That's what they're there for. He made a mistake but none of them stood up to him and fought over it, ax them all seriously. There's no way any committee member should have let this happen without a massive fight.

Personally I havent quite got what the PC did precisely. Do they actually pass on information to Ched about what players suggest, in places such as the suggestion forum for example. Pretty sure I didnt see any acknowledgement of suggestions made in the old suggestion forum...



Numerous committee members brought this up a number of times.[:tired:]

Mentions: Beerstein [1322136] · Confusion [658870]

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
Wiffle [761145]
Skyes [658870]
Beerstein [1322136]I got a question, why didn't any committee get in cheds face about this? That's what they're there for. He made a mistake but none of them stood up to him and fought over it, ax them all seriously. There's no way any committee member should have let this happen without a massive fight.

Personally I havent quite got what the PC did precisely. Do they actually pass on information to Ched about what players suggest, in places such as the suggestion forum for example. Pretty sure I didnt see any acknowledgement of suggestions made in the old suggestion forum...



Numerous committee members brought this up a number of times.[:tired:]

And none of you thought to warn the general population of torn?

Wow, these are the people supposed to represent our opinions, you had to have known this would cause a massive stir.

I seriously don't know what I am going to do, I can remember 1 person's balance off the top of my head because I glanced at it a couple days ago when I saw he donated a couple billion, but the rest, I have no idea. And what am I supposed to do now?

A little heads up would have been nice.

This is by far the most disastrous update that I can remember in the years that I have been playing.

Mentions: Beerstein [1322136] · Confusion [658870] · Wiffle [761145]

joelCAMEL [287086]

I remember several years ago when Torn crashed and got reset to some backup point. Member donation totals were all screwed up and basically, I reimbursed all members that felt they had been short-changed by the crash aftermath. In those days, members had millions deposited and now, they have billions deposited.

Using the Torn donation totals, all members could see their current cash balance. The only time I had to get involved was if I saw a member with a negative balance, meaning they withdrew more than they had donated.

It seems that the update eliminated this feature because it was deemed to be unnecessary. Our faction does make use of this feature as well as the total cash in faction, as it tells me how much extra cash is from OC or other sources. I used this extra cash for faction upgrades and gym memberships.

If the feature is not returned, then a one-time screenshot of the faction donations would go a long way in avoiding the disputes that happened before.
Draunz3r [1632484]

I believe every active faction is suffering from this ..why don't anyone fix it or at least give us some hope that it will be looked upon?
Jammed [1531835]

This has got to be the number one thing to fix.




I have been very lucky as I have deposited and withdrawn since the change, but only on trust.

Tin foil hat on.....is this a way to make more mugging targets
Aldous_Snow [1491264]

I mailed Clansdancer about this and another thing..

The first 'bug' I asked about was the faction list for the banking, the second one was the lack of "Claim Victory" Button in wars..

This was the response.




-Clansdancersays:

Hello,

The first one is not a bug but the way Ched intended it which I will speak to Âhim about reverting it back.Â

Thank you for the second one I will get that looked into.Â

Thanks!


So just so people know, this is being looked in to :)

Mentions: -Clansdancer [65306]