Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

VPN

Started by DoReVo [1396898] on in Questions & Answers.

10 replies · 129 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

DoReVo [1396898] ×4 Mauk [1494436] ×2 Taksas027 [444122] ×1

DoReVo [1396898]

If I am using a VPN service, and my login would be like, from one corner of the earth to the other side of the planet in matter of hours or minutes(depends if i'm changing the settings), will the game detected me as something like, multi account or something? I am curious of logging in to torn while using vpn.

Mauk [1494436]
DoReVo [1396898]

If I am using a VPN service, and my login would be like, from one corner of the earth to the other side of the planet in matter of hours or minutes(depends if i'm changing the settings), will the game detected me as something like, multi account or something? I am curious of logging in to torn while using vpn.

Torn's multi-account policies have always left a bad taste in my mouth. There are enough stories about lost accounts to make me concerned about using VPNs-- what if you happen to befriend someone that, by chance, uses the same network?

Granted, the odds of that happening are close to zero, but, still.. Enough to leave me paranoic.

Mentions: DoReVo [1396898]

Taksas027 [444122]
Mauk [1494436]
DoReVo [1396898]

If I am using a VPN service, and my login would be like, from one corner of the earth to the other side of the planet in matter of hours or minutes(depends if i'm changing the settings), will the game detected me as something like, multi account or something? I am curious of logging in to torn while using vpn.

Torn's multi-account policies have always left a bad taste in my mouth. There are enough stories about lost accounts to make me concerned about using VPNs-- what if you happen to befriend someone that, by chance, uses the same network?

Granted, the odds of that happening are close to zero, but, still.. Enough to leave me paranoic.

What would happen? Nothing. Except that you won't be allowed to send him cash and probably items.

Mentions: DoReVo [1396898] · Mauk [1494436]

Mauk [1494436]
Taksas027 [444122]
Mauk [1494436]
DoReVo [1396898]

If I am using a VPN service, and my login would be like, from one corner of the earth to the other side of the planet in matter of hours or minutes(depends if i'm changing the settings), will the game detected me as something like, multi account or something? I am curious of logging in to torn while using vpn.

Torn's multi-account policies have always left a bad taste in my mouth. There are enough stories about lost accounts to make me concerned about using VPNs-- what if you happen to befriend someone that, by chance, uses the same network?

Granted, the odds of that happening are close to zero, but, still.. Enough to leave me paranoic.
What would happen? Nothing. Except that you won't be allowed to send him cash and probably items.

If you knew that he was on the VPN beforehand. If you didn't, you could screw yourself without knowing.

Mentions: DoReVo [1396898] · Mauk [1494436] · Taksas027 [444122]

DoReVo [1396898]

I have already came across a player from my country with supposedly the same "IP" . I cannot send him cash and so on. It is odd because I never knew the guy.

Taksas027 [444122]
DoReVo [1396898]

I have already came across a player from my country with supposedly the same "IP" . I cannot send him cash and so on. It is odd because I never knew the guy.

he's probably your neighbour :P or perhaps you just used same public wifi somewhere or something

Mentions: DoReVo [1396898]