If I am using a VPN service, and my login would be like, from one corner of the earth to the other side of the planet in matter of hours or minutes(depends if i'm changing the settings), will the game detected me as something like, multi account or something? I am curious of logging in to torn while using vpn.
VPN
Started by DoReVo [1396898] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 5
- Authority score
- 44 / 100
- Historical score
- 30 / 100
- Story score
- 40 / 100
- Engagement score
- 52 / 100
Mentioned in this thread
Pretty sure no.
If you only login to one account should be fine.
I see. Thanks :)
DoReVo [1396898]If I am using a VPN service, and my login would be like, from one corner of the earth to the other side of the planet in matter of hours or minutes(depends if i'm changing the settings), will the game detected me as something like, multi account or something? I am curious of logging in to torn while using vpn.
Torn's multi-account policies have always left a bad taste in my mouth. There are enough stories about lost accounts to make me concerned about using VPNs-- what if you happen to befriend someone that, by chance, uses the same network?
Granted, the odds of that happening are close to zero, but, still.. Enough to leave me paranoic.
Mentions: DoReVo [1396898]
Mauk [1494436]DoReVo [1396898]Torn's multi-account policies have always left a bad taste in my mouth. There are enough stories about lost accounts to make me concerned about using VPNs-- what if you happen to befriend someone that, by chance, uses the same network?If I am using a VPN service, and my login would be like, from one corner of the earth to the other side of the planet in matter of hours or minutes(depends if i'm changing the settings), will the game detected me as something like, multi account or something? I am curious of logging in to torn while using vpn.
Granted, the odds of that happening are close to zero, but, still.. Enough to leave me paranoic.
What would happen? Nothing. Except that you won't be allowed to send him cash and probably items.
Taksas027 [444122]Mauk [1494436]What would happen? Nothing. Except that you won't be allowed to send him cash and probably items.DoReVo [1396898]Torn's multi-account policies have always left a bad taste in my mouth. There are enough stories about lost accounts to make me concerned about using VPNs-- what if you happen to befriend someone that, by chance, uses the same network?If I am using a VPN service, and my login would be like, from one corner of the earth to the other side of the planet in matter of hours or minutes(depends if i'm changing the settings), will the game detected me as something like, multi account or something? I am curious of logging in to torn while using vpn.
Granted, the odds of that happening are close to zero, but, still.. Enough to leave me paranoic.
If you knew that he was on the VPN beforehand. If you didn't, you could screw yourself without knowing.
Mentions: DoReVo [1396898] · Mauk [1494436] · Taksas027 [444122]
I have already came across a player from my country with supposedly the same "IP" . I cannot send him cash and so on. It is odd because I never knew the guy.
DoReVo [1396898]I have already came across a player from my country with supposedly the same "IP" . I cannot send him cash and so on. It is odd because I never knew the guy.
he's probably your neighbour :P or perhaps you just used same public wifi somewhere or something
Mentions: DoReVo [1396898]
Just make sure you won't log into your multies via the same VPN and you should be fine!