Porny [604593]daphne [14757]aurel1 [1046304]daphne [14757]
To quote another lovely genius, you're only reading the parts you want to read in this.
I believe we just need aconstructive dialogue. If this was a "slap in the face", we need to locate the problems and try to fix it or change somehow - this is the only way. But justblaming of inaction will not help in this - we all trying to make it better.
Maybe my sarcasm is out of line. I believe I did share what would make this better, and I see you taking steps towards that. That helps me but there are many others who won't see this thread, and by the numbers, many who haven't been back since the launch. I understand technical issues, I understand soft launches, I understand problems, I don't understand the total lack of addressing specific issues and just expecting us to wait. This game is unique and can get away with a lot. Not many others could do that.
And also in regards to my sarcasm towards, that might also have been out of line, Porny, maybe you could tell me what I missed or didn't read, if you feel there was something that that would help me understand the lack of communication, customer care and genuine interest in our community and how we add to this game? I'm open to hearing you.
You posted after Auriel had already said he'd heard about a suggestion sticky and liked the idea, where staff and players could discuss these things. Its not often a dev is seen on the forums. This is the perfect opportunity to approach them with certain things. and learn they are are working round the clock to fix them. Not many sites could actually say that.
Well what you're not seeing is the perfect opportunity to you to receive genuine feedback, the opportunity to retain donators and subscribers, the opportunity to turn a non subscriber, non donator around and to be given t he opportunity to provide genuine customer service. If Ched wants to take this game to a higher level, you can't only invest in the development.
I do appreciate Aurel1 taking the time to address players and the issues brought up. And I do agree such a forum would be very helpful and communicate the right things to players.
You know love, it's not those who complain that you should be worrying about, you still have an opportunity with them. You call yourself a Helper, but i'm not sure who you're helping.
You didn't see this I assume, or chose to ignore it, but I have absolutely zero problems with things taking time, zero problems with bugs and glitches after it is obvious a whole lot was put into this, and I see respo as an opportunity for the growth of torn. The attitude, the lack of communication, the standard responses.
You took away bugs and glitches, but it didn't really do anything but cause the forums to be inundated with the same posts over and over. It didn't reduce your workload one bit as far as i'm aware.
At the end of the day, it could simply be an "interface", a superficial solution where people can post the frustrations (as you repeatedly say are expected) in regards to the BUGS and issues they are finding sucking the joy out of this game, and have the occassionally "confirmed", "fixed", "saved for later". Is that so bloody hard for you to let people know what exactly they are waiting for?
For many this game is an addiction. Hours and hours and hours spent on it. Some have spent money on it. The only reason anyone is complaining is because they still care. Not because you did a bad job, not because respo sucks, but because they care about this game, and what it means to them, and they're frustrated. And you've stated over and over again that you're putting everything you got into the fixing of bugs and the development, but you've forgotten who you're even building all that for, and forgotten the human side of this game, and that isn't really being fixed, apart from people like Aurel1 who I bet wasn't asked to come on the forums, I bet he decided to take out from his own time and have a word with the players, because he recognised something else that was needed that wasn't in the coding.