We were expecting days of downtime and multiple full restores. I'd say release was a massive success considering the amount that had been rebuilt from scratch.
If a temporary block for clicking too fast, a couple of job specials not working and mobile Torn taking a few extra taps causes this much fallout, I can't even imagine how bad it'd be if our expectations were to have happened.
Some of you guys expect such perfection, I should be proud really.
Chedburn [1]We were expecting days of downtime and multiple full restores. I'd say release was a massive success considering the amount that had been rebuilt from scratch.
If a temporary block for clicking too fast, a couple of job specials not working and mobile Torn taking a few extra taps causes this much fallout, I can't even imagine how bad it'd be if our expectations were to have happened.
Some of you guys expect such perfection, I should be proud really.
It would seem you would have lost most of the player base
Chedburn [1]We were expecting days of downtime and multiple full restores. I'd say release was a massive success considering the amount that had been rebuilt from scratch.
If a temporary block for clicking too fast, a couple of job specials not working and mobile Torn taking a few extra taps causes this much fallout, I can't even imagine how bad it'd be if our expectations were to have happened.
Some of you guys expect such perfection, I should be proud really.
It would seem you would have lost most of the player base
Daily users online have dropped by around 5%. The users who are active daily in a row have dropped by just under 2.5%. I'm sure you'll agree this is certainly expected due to the scale of such a change. RESPO was never meant to create a sudden influx of players, it's to secure the future longevity of Torn. If we have to lose a small percent of users now who were on the verge of quitting anyway, for Torn to last another 20 years - that's fine with me. I expect users online will eventually stabilize at around 17k and then begin increasing again.
Chedburn [1]We were expecting days of downtime and multiple full restores. I'd say release was a massive success considering the amount that had been rebuilt from scratch.
If a temporary block for clicking too fast, a couple of job specials not working and mobile Torn taking a few extra taps causes this much fallout, I can't even imagine how bad it'd be if our expectations were to have happened.
Some of you guys expect such perfection, I should be proud really.
It would seem you would have lost most of the player base
Daily users online have dropped by around 5%. The users who are active daily in a row have dropped by just under 2.5%. I'm sure you'll agree this is certainly expected due to the scale of such a change. RESPO was never meant to create a sudden influx of players, it's to secure the future longevity of Torn. If we have to lose a small percent of users now who were on the verge of quitting anyway, for Torn to last another 20 years - that's fine with me. I expect users online will eventually stabilize at around 17k and then begin increasing again.
20 years!? You think you have the mind to deal with this whining for that long?
Chedburn [1]We were expecting days of downtime and multiple full restores. I'd say release was a massive success considering the amount that had been rebuilt from scratch.
If a temporary block for clicking too fast, a couple of job specials not working and mobile Torn taking a few extra taps causes this much fallout, I can't even imagine how bad it'd be if our expectations were to have happened.
Some of you guys expect such perfection, I should be proud really.
It would seem you would have lost most of the player base
Daily users online have dropped by around 5%. The users who are active daily in a row have dropped by just under 2.5%. I'm sure you'll agree this is certainly expected due to the scale of such a change. RESPO was never meant to create a sudden influx of players, it's to secure the future longevity of Torn. If we have to lose a small percent of users now who were on the verge of quitting anyway, for Torn to last another 20 years - that's fine with me. I expect users online will eventually stabilize at around 17k and then begin increasing again.
Hopefully that projection is correct, the game would be a lot better with an eventual influx of players.
That's not a substantial amount actually, many people like me are patient enough to wait out the fixes, but its just there is temporary frustration.
Chedburn [1]We were expecting days of downtime and multiple full restores. I'd say release was a massive success considering the amount that had been rebuilt from scratch.
If a temporary block for clicking too fast, a couple of job specials not working and mobile Torn taking a few extra taps causes this much fallout, I can't even imagine how bad it'd be if our expectations were to have happened.
Some of you guys expect such perfection, I should be proud really.
It would seem you would have lost most of the player base
Daily users online have dropped by around 5%. The users who are active daily in a row have dropped by just under 2.5%. I'm sure you'll agree this is certainly expected due to the scale of such a change. RESPO was never meant to create a sudden influx of players, it's to secure the future longevity of Torn. If we have to lose a small percent of users now who were on the verge of quitting anyway, for Torn to last another 20 years - that's fine with me. I expect users online will eventually stabilize at around 17k and then begin increasing again.
Hopefully that projection is correct, the game would be a lot better with an eventual influx of players.
That's not a substantial amount actually, many people like me are patient enough to wait out the fixes, but its just there is temporary frustration.
Why is it frustrating? It's our problem, not yours. Leave it to us. All you have to do is perhaps wait a couple of days, or make an extra click here and there. For us, we have to actually fix the issues. The amount of stress and frustration you're feeling is probably 1% of the amount weighing down on us.
Chedburn [1]We were expecting days of downtime and multiple full restores. I'd say release was a massive success considering the amount that had been rebuilt from scratch.
If a temporary block for clicking too fast, a couple of job specials not working and mobile Torn taking a few extra taps causes this much fallout, I can't even imagine how bad it'd be if our expectations were to have happened.
Some of you guys expect such perfection, I should be proud really.
No pain will ever match that of early Torn City. Where you had to wait ten minute to load the gym, and refresh because it would drop you. But you spent 20 minutes to train/do crimes to get better, and pushed through the lag. Then after all that struggle the database lost a month of progress. RESPO is not even slow. It is pretty responsive with mild bugs, and it seems we might get to keep our progress. They have grown as a community/business/dev team ,and it shows. People just love to bitch. Nothing will be appreciated by a certain group of players, and I really wish they would quit. I would love to see that 5% quit, so the other 95% could see more positive discussion in the community. Then we could attract more new users. You get more flys with honey than with vinegar.
Chedburn [1]We were expecting days of downtime and multiple full restores. I'd say release was a massive success considering the amount that had been rebuilt from scratch.
If a temporary block for clicking too fast, a couple of job specials not working and mobile Torn taking a few extra taps causes this much fallout, I can't even imagine how bad it'd be if our expectations were to have happened.
Some of you guys expect such perfection, I should be proud really.
It would seem you would have lost most of the player base
Daily users online have dropped by around 5%. The users who are active daily in a row have dropped by just under 2.5%. I'm sure you'll agree this is certainly expected due to the scale of such a change. RESPO was never meant to create a sudden influx of players, it's to secure the future longevity of Torn. If we have to lose a small percent of users now who were on the verge of quitting anyway, for Torn to last another 20 years - that's fine with me. I expect users online will eventually stabilize at around 17k and then begin increasing again.
Hopefully that projection is correct, the game would be a lot better with an eventual influx of players.
That's not a substantial amount actually, many people like me are patient enough to wait out the fixes, but its just there is temporary frustration.
Why is it frustrating? It's our problem, not yours. Leave it to us. All you have to do is perhaps wait a couple of days, or make an extra click here and there. For us, we have to actually fix the issues. The amount of stress and frustration you're feeling is probably 1% of the amount weighing down on us.
Don't get me wrong,I don't mean frustration in the sense of despair and stress,I ampatient enough to wait a few days or make a few extra clicks, like the majority of player it is justa wait until the game we enjoy playing is back to the fully functional way that we are used to, albeit with a new look.
It is good to hear though that the bugs are being addressed.
how is the recruitment rate going now? getting alot of new players? maybe the update was just so the staff and cronies could keep playing. screw the rest of us. great updatem thanks. hey hey
http://prntscr.com/3x95y4 Am I the only one that sees PeeWee Herman in the corner of my screen on the first page of this thread? wtf is that all about? lol
Mine is ok,I saw someone else in forum also got this.
Smokey [280712]
http://prntscr.com/3x95y4 Am I the only one that sees PeeWee Herman in the corner of my screen on the first page of this thread? wtf is that all about? lol
Things to do - Let's figure it out how to make sure players stay active and how to attract new players.
Chedburn [1]
We were expecting days of downtime and multiple full restores. I'd say release was a massive success considering the amount that had been rebuilt from scratch.
If a temporary block for clicking too fast, a couple of job specials not working and mobile Torn taking a few extra taps causes this much fallout, I can't even imagine how bad it'd be if our expectations were to have happened.
Some of you guys expect such perfection, I should be proud really.
It would seem you would have lost most of the player base
Daily users online have dropped by around 5%. The users who are active daily in a row have dropped by just under 2.5%. I'm sure you'll agree this is certainly expected due to the scale of such a change. RESPO was never meant to create a sudden influx of players, it's to secure the future longevity of Torn. If we have to lose a small percent of users now who were on the verge of quitting anyway, for Torn to last another 20 years - that's fine with me. I expect users online will eventually stabilize at around 17k and then begin increasing again.
Robb-Stark [1075937]maybe ched telling us a date of release put him under pressure and he cracked under the pressure :) sorry ched welcome to the fail train choo choo
Chedburn [1]We were expecting days of downtime and multiple full restores. I'd say release was a massive success considering the amount that had been rebuilt from scratch.
If a temporary block for clicking too fast, a couple of job specials not working and mobile Torn taking a few extra taps causes this much fallout, I can't even imagine how bad it'd be if our expectations were to have happened.
Some of you guys expect such perfection, I should be proud really.
It would seem you would have lost most of the player base
lol for most of them I can guarantee that's temporary, people claim they are "quitting" all the time and a week later they are back clicking away becausethe simple fact is people are very protective of their shit even if that shit is only digital items and properties. The only people that ever trulystop playingthis game are people in serious negative money (and even then that's mostly just to begin a new account) and the dead.