Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Something is missing

Started by peteo66 [382485] on in General Discussion.

24 replies · 382 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

CravenTHC [1569996] ×4 KickRocks [1030718] ×2 Player 1554958 [1554958] ×2 DevilSoldier [1731252] ×2 Chedburn [1] ×1 McDallas [14757] ×1 ReyDuvall [1526820] ×1 hill007 [1616770] ×1

peteo66 [382485]

Torn claims to be in the US, but there is not 1 baseball field any where in the city. Every village has at least 1.

Anything else missing from the city?
McDallas [14757]
DevilSoldier60 [1731252]I like to think it's set in London given that it's gritty and crime filled, and that Ched is English

If London is smack in the middle of Texas in the USA then maybe, but the map states otherwise. Additionally right after respo, it actually said "Torn - Texas" on the map.

Baseball field sure is missing in the city! And maybe a couple of drive-throughs on top of the shops/stores.


Mentions: DevilSoldier [1731252]

CravenTHC [1569996]

Maybe I'm just missing it, but considering the geographic location on the map, Texas, I would think there would be at least one trailer park. That's not a joke either. I live in Texas, and know of three within 20 miles of me.
DevilSoldier [1731252]
daphne [14757]
DevilSoldier60 [1731252]I like to think it's set in London given that it's gritty and crime filled, and that Ched is English

If London is smack in the middle of Texas in the USA then maybe, but the map states otherwise. Additionally right after respo, it actually said "Torn - Texas" on the map.

Baseball field sure is missing in the city! And maybe a couple of drive-throughs on top of the shops/stores.



Yeah I know it's USA, the dollar currency gave that away ;)

Mentions: DevilSoldier [1731252] · McDallas [14757]

McDallas [14757]
CravenTHC [1569996]Maybe I'm just missing it, but considering the geographic location on the map, Texas, I would think there would be at least one trailer park. That's not a joke either. I live in Texas, and know of three within 20 miles of me.

You're in TX? So am I. Haven't seen a trailer park yet though.

Mentions: CravenTHC [1569996]

Td3h [1785428]

What I've noticed recently is that despite having a racetrack in the map, street racing is still the main type of racing possible.
KPCSlor [1557404]

I'm from Seattle and here we have a Starbucks on every corner!

Maybe we will get Chedded with a Tornado or Hurricane due to it being in Texas - That would be funny
KickRocks [1030718]

*insert border control comment here*


I think that unless you are looking for a major league baseball stadium, that the "zoom in" just won't zoom in close enough to view a little league park. Just cause you don't see it, doesn't make it not there! ;)
Ilmatar [641520]

and drive thru zoos, or wait.. there is one in south africa :D
Shoot all you can find and collect the cash.. lol
Weird the animal protectors arent after that like with dog fighting.
manic [1554958]

So you reckon it's set in the US?

I guess the other thing that's missing then is a sense of irony.


manic [1554958]

What's that term? 'Factual causation'?

I see a picture of a chicken on the front of a packet of noodles... Doesn't actually mean it contains chicken.

GTA V is supposed to be 'set' in the US... But it's actually more associated with Scotland where Rockstar are based.
CravenTHC [1569996]
manik [1554958]What's that term? 'Factual causation'?

I see a picture of a chicken on the front of a packet of noodles... Doesn't actually mean it contains chicken.

GTA V is supposed to be 'set' in the US... But it's actually more associated with Scotland where Rockstar are based.

When the other packets of noodles with animals on them contain actual meat from that animal, what will you then assume about the chicken packet?

What i mean is that Zurich, Juarez, Toronto, Tokyo, George Town, Honolulu, etc... are all real cities that are located approximately at the particular flag associated with them. I'm not suggesting that Torn is a real city, just that the map is supposed to be a realistic representation of geographic locations.

It would take much more than a sense of irony to imagine Torn being in any other country, it would take a lack of any sense of sight.

Mentions: manik [1554958]

hill007 [1616770]

so you rekon its in the US?
why would you ever think that?

I have always thought that Torn City was located in Canada

btw, we need a new Item - Bagged Milk!
CravenTHC [1569996]
hill007 [1616770]so you rekon its in the US?
why would you ever think that?

I have always thought that Torn City was located in Canada

btw, we need a new Item - Bagged Milk!

Poutine would be even better.

Mentions: hill007 [1616770]

Avus [1537487]

Texas!!! - - - you must be missing the weather in Frome, edge of the plain and all that :)
Imagine the terrain to be well different
Off topic but hey.
McDallas [14757]
Chedburn [1]
CravenTHC [1569996]Maybe I'm just missing it, but considering the geographic location on the map, Texas, I would think there would be at least one trailer park. That's not a joke either. I live in Texas, and know of three within 20 miles of me.


[image: i.gyazo.com]

[image: i.gyazo.com]

Trailer Park - f**k yeah! Now where's that whataburger, I've a hankerin for a patty melt mmm. (I was gonna say "I fancy a patty melt", but that's English me, I have to talk like Texas me now lol)

Mentions: Chedburn [1] · CravenTHC [1569996]