109 replies · 1.65k views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:110 / 110 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
110
Discussion span
→
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
47 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
bogie[148747]Admin
· 1 likes · I'm busting the same kinds of people, same times etc, that I was attempting prior to this update. I have exactly the same kind of success rate. 50-100 busts a day isn't an issue for me right now assuming I …
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 1 likes · The idea of making a change, is that something actually changes. Just because something is more difficult or more expensive, it doesn't mean it's bad. Try to imagine a scenario where it was this new way from the beginning, ten …
bogie[148747]Admin
· 1 likes · Ched, what is the plan with jail riots? This is something you mentioned in the past in relation to jail, mass breakouts/attacks etc done in an organised fashion by those within the jail itself in order to escape en masse …
I have failed every bust attempt that was my level or higher and have also failed every bust attempt of any level in for over 20 hours.
What kind of success or lack there of is anyone else having in terms of level compared to your own or amount of time they are in for?
Are we losing a lot of crime exp for failed busts?
It seems like its the same old thing.... refresh until you find someone new in for short time with a lower level than yourself and get lucky to be the first to try. The rest are just having to buy out.
I'm busting the same kinds of people, same times etc, that I was attempting prior to this update.
I have exactly the same kind of success rate. 50-100 busts a day isn't an issue for me right now assuming I have the time in the day to do such things.
The only people failing more than usual are the people who are attempting ridiculous bust attempts, only going for those in for 24 hours+ etc... Stick with those in for failing crimes and you'll do fine... even if you have to sit on the jail and refresh the page (we should be used to that anyway as that's exactly what we had to do before right?)
The experience thing is the only thing that concerns me too, I'd love to see a comment from Ched to confirm whether or not busting in general will give a net gain to crime experience :/ as I am a little worried that xp gain from success won't be able to out-pace any potential losses...
Well before I used to bust mostly people with failed busts, no matter their level and had very good success at it. (I was under the impression that they gave better exp than those who failed a crime) Now I am afraid to try anyone over my own level or anyone in for failed busts at all. I have yet to do two successful busts in a row either.
BTW... do you have any information on level holding and busting? Probably no use in level holding anymore, except that it keeps bail costs down I suppose?
My experience so far is that level is much more of a factor than before. Prior to the change there was no such thing as a bust which was too hard. That is certainly not the case now. I failed many times on regular busts of people who had a higher level than me. Since then I leveled up 5 levels, and have seen positive results from it. I have also have seen success at busting people with 24 hr sentences, but who were of lower level.
I just tried 5 times to bust a level 41 out with high time for failed bust... not a chance!! Defiantly a lot more complicated now! Bogy, 50 to 100 busts a day, really??
I have made 52 successful busts and have been jailed 0 times. you guys are doing it wrong, this update is awesome! didn't even have to waste energy so my stats don't suffer!
The most noticeable change is the difficulty increase when you've successfully busted others very recently. This means you won't be able to bust a lot of people every day. You'll have to pace yourself and choose who you bust wisely.
100 busts a day seems like a lot to me? But I am not a high level nor do I have the 50% faction bonus or 8000+ total busts, so those must make a huge difference!
Dave [272331]I have made 52 successful busts and have been jailed 0 times. you guys are doing it wrong, this update is awesome! didn't even have to waste energy so my stats don't suffer!
Dave [272331]I have made 52 successful busts and have been jailed 0 times. you guys are doing it wrong, this update is awesome! didn't even have to waste energy so my stats don't suffer!
Share some of your success insight??
I haven't tried to bust someone who is in for more than 8 hours. Every person under 8 hours, no matter the level has been successful... I have had a few failed attempts, but none of them have resulted in me going to jail.
Dave [272331]I have made 52 successful busts and have been jailed 0 times. you guys are doing it wrong, this update is awesome! didn't even have to waste energy so my stats don't suffer!
Share some of your success insight??
I haven't tried to bust someone who is in for more than 8 hours. Every person under 8 hours, no matter the level has been successful... I have had a few failed attempts, but none of them have resulted in me going to jail.
I would have to agree with this. I have only one fail of non-high level, or 24 hr jail time. Then again before the update I had a ratio of about 9-1 success to fail life time for all busts, and I did not even bother to look at time or level of those I busted, to me they were all the same.
Just for reference I have all busting bonuses minus the law firm job, and 4000+ busts.
Dave [272331]I have made 52 successful busts and have been jailed 0 times. you guys are doing it wrong, this update is awesome! didn't even have to waste energy so my stats don't suffer!
Share some of your success insight??
I haven't tried to bust someone who is in for more than 8 hours. Every person under 8 hours, no matter the level has been successful... I have had a few failed attempts, but none of them have resulted in me going to jail.
I would have to agree with this. I have only one fail of non-high level, or 24 hr jail time. Then again before the update I had a ratio of about 9-1 success to fail life time for all busts, and I did not even bother to look at time or level of those I busted, to me they were all the same.
Just for reference I have all busting bonuses minus the law firm job, and 4000+ busts.
yeh, I have none of the law education courses done apart from the ones to make it easier to self-bust from way back in the day where it gave you dext. I think people are just complaining because they are trying to bust people with 24hrs in Jail, obviously that is not going to be easy to do.
The only change that I see that should be made is that you should be able to self-bust from a bigger time, rather than 200 minutes or under.
Dave [272331]I have made 52 successful busts and have been jailed 0 times. you guys are doing it wrong, this update is awesome! didn't even have to waste energy so my stats don't suffer!
Share some of your success insight??
I haven't tried to bust someone who is in for more than 8 hours. Every person under 8 hours, no matter the level has been successful... I have had a few failed attempts, but none of them have resulted in me going to jail.
I would have to agree with this. I have only one fail of non-high level, or 24 hr jail time. Then again before the update I had a ratio of about 9-1 success to fail life time for all busts, and I did not even bother to look at time or level of those I busted, to me they were all the same.
Just for reference I have all busting bonuses minus the law firm job, and 4000+ busts.
yeh, I have none of the law education courses done apart from the ones to make it easier to self-bust from way back in the day where it gave you dext. I think people are just complaining because they are trying to bust people with 24hrs in Jail, obviously that is not going to be easy to do.
The only change that I see that should be made is that you should be able to self-bust from a bigger time, rather than 200 minutes or under.
...The reason you are able to bust the way you are is because of your high level.... and in my opinion that's wrong, why should you with no law bachelor, low bust count etc..be able to bust a player in for maybe 7hrs no matter what level when lower levels with the education, high bust count, etc...can't?...
Dave [272331]I have made 52 successful busts and have been jailed 0 times. you guys are doing it wrong, this update is awesome! didn't even have to waste energy so my stats don't suffer!
Share some of your success insight??
I haven't tried to bust someone who is in for more than 8 hours. Every person under 8 hours, no matter the level has been successful... I have had a few failed attempts, but none of them have resulted in me going to jail.
I would have to agree with this. I have only one fail of non-high level, or 24 hr jail time. Then again before the update I had a ratio of about 9-1 success to fail life time for all busts, and I did not even bother to look at time or level of those I busted, to me they were all the same.
Just for reference I have all busting bonuses minus the law firm job, and 4000+ busts.
yeh, I have none of the law education courses done apart from the ones to make it easier to self-bust from way back in the day where it gave you dext. I think people are just complaining because they are trying to bust people with 24hrs in Jail, obviously that is not going to be easy to do.
The only change that I see that should be made is that you should be able to self-bust from a bigger time, rather than 200 minutes or under.
...The reason you are able to bust the way you are is because of your high level.... and in my opinion that's wrong, why should you with no law bachelor, low bust count etc..be able to bust a player in for maybe 7hrs no matter what level when lower levels with the education, high bust count, etc...can't?...
there is no reason that level shouldn't count as much as crime experience for busting, both have to be gained via playing and are easily accessible for all players at all ages. I have a fairly solid 45NB for around a year doing not much else but computer and arson crimes, so I wouldn't say I have a low experience.
Dave [272331]I have made 52 successful busts and have been jailed 0 times. you guys are doing it wrong, this update is awesome! didn't even have to waste energy so my stats don't suffer!
Share some of your success insight??
I haven't tried to bust someone who is in for more than 8 hours. Every person under 8 hours, no matter the level has been successful... I have had a few failed attempts, but none of them have resulted in me going to jail.
I would have to agree with this. I have only one fail of non-high level, or 24 hr jail time. Then again before the update I had a ratio of about 9-1 success to fail life time for all busts, and I did not even bother to look at time or level of those I busted, to me they were all the same.
Just for reference I have all busting bonuses minus the law firm job, and 4000+ busts.
yeh, I have none of the law education courses done apart from the ones to make it easier to self-bust from way back in the day where it gave you dext. I think people are just complaining because they are trying to bust people with 24hrs in Jail, obviously that is not going to be easy to do.
The only change that I see that should be made is that you should be able to self-bust from a bigger time, rather than 200 minutes or under.
...The reason you are able to bust the way you are is because of your high level.... and in my opinion that's wrong, why should you with no law bachelor, low bust count etc..be able to bust a player in for maybe 7hrs no matter what level when lower levels with the education, high bust count, etc...can't?...
there is no reason that level shouldn't count as much as crime experience for busting, both have to be gained via playing and are easily accessible for all players at all ages. I have a fairly solid 45NB for around a year doing not much else but computer and arson crimes, so I wouldn't say I have a low experience.
Just bust people who failed crimes. Dont even try to bust the people in for high time who failed to bust others. I am busting my usual amount of people under the new system.
I have all education done, over 8k busts done and I can only bust people level 20 and under for certain failed crimes. The main factor in being able to bust seems to be level and not exp busting. Before the update I was busting over 100 a day and now I'm lucky to get 10 a day with sitting refreshing the jail for hours. Only positive thing is now it takes nerve instead of energy.