Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Destiny

Started by MrBateman [1775325] on in Gaming.

56 replies · 523 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 57 / 57 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
57
Discussion span
→
Authority score
30 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Astral [300312] ×2 UBIK [424998] ×2 CatHead [1581564] ×2 IIIlusionist [253384] ×1 The_Convict [1533238] ×1 MrBateman [1775325] ×1 Two_D [1832908] ×1

Valaskjalf [1503919]

Whats the deal with Destiny? I can't seem to see it as much more than hype and it reminds me of Lost Planet for some reason. Is there something I'm missing with Destiny other than it looks nice?
Astral [300312]

Just because I heard so much about it, I had to buy it. I've been playing for a day now, kinda bored though, already got to lvl 10.

Everyone has similar weapons, (I chose Warlock), everybody in a class has the same skills, sub-classes does mix it up a bit, but meh, everyone is pretty much the same.

For a £500m budget game, I'm seeing £10m spent on the game, and £490m on advertising.

It didn't live up to all the hype everyone talked of. I'll probably keep playing until I hit the max lvl, so a few days more, then leave it to gather dust ha.
Hieroglyphics [1801461]
Astral [300312]Just because I heard so much about it, I had to buy it. I've been playing for a day now, kinda bored though, already got to lvl 10.

Everyone has similar weapons, (I chose Warlock), everybody in a class has the same skills, sub-classes does mix it up a bit, but meh, everyone is pretty much the same.

For a £500m budget game, I'm seeing £10m spent on the game, and £490m on advertising.

It didn't live up to all the hype everyone talked of. I'll probably keep playing until I hit the max lvl, so a few days more, then leave it to gather dust ha.

just like watch dogs? all hype?

hope the division isn't hype

Mentions: Astral [300312]

Gungrave [470221]
Astral [300312]Just because I heard so much about it, I had to buy it. I've been playing for a day now, kinda bored though, already got to lvl 10.

Everyone has similar weapons, (I chose Warlock), everybody in a class has the same skills, sub-classes does mix it up a bit, but meh, everyone is pretty much the same.

For a £500m budget game, I'm seeing £10m spent on the game, and £490m on advertising.

It didn't live up to all the hype everyone talked of. I'll probably keep playing until I hit the max lvl, so a few days more, then leave it to gather dust ha.

Thats what games are like these days and thats why I pirate so many of them to try them out before I buy or for multiplayer only games i look at a lot of reviews or play it on a friends account/console.

One of my biggest regrets was Titanfall because while it was fun its a game that loses its appeal VERY quickly and almost no one was playing it 3 months after release regardless of any DLCs

Mentions: Astral [300312]

Gjnx [986114]
Two_D [1832908]Would I be right in saying it looks similar to halo just bigger?

I'd say halo and diablo mixed together. The weekly events they are starting to roll out are keeping me hooked and trying to upgrade my all of my gear.

Mentions: Two_D [1832908]

UBIK [424998]

You guys are missing the whole point of the game. The game doesnt even begin until after level 20. It's all about getting better gear and progressing past level 20 so you can do Strikes and events with friends. You can also replay mission at higher difficulties for rewards.

You're saying the game sucks, but havent even experienced what its actually about. Its like saying Torn sucks after only playing for a week.

That being said, the game is definitely not for everyone. If you dont like grinding and doing Strike after Strike to find better gear then you probably wont like it.
MrBateman [1775325]
UBIK [424998]You guys are missing the whole point of the game. The game doesnt even begin until after level 20. It's all about getting better gear and progressing past level 20 so you can do Strikes and events with friends. You can also replay mission at higher difficulties for rewards.

You're saying the game sucks, but havent even experienced what its actually about. Its like saying Torn sucks after only playing for a week.

That being said, the game is definitely not for everyone. If you dont like grinding and doing Strike after Strike to find better gear then you probably wont like it.


Good point, but many gamers want a game that throws you into the action. And have rewards from start to finish, a good game I can think of is the Battlefield series. Destiny was hyped as the next best thing to happen to gaming, and by GOD was it not. Activision should stick with Cod (hate Cod by the way), Destiny won't be a gen travelling game like Halo, Mario or Mortal Kombat

Mentions: UBIK [424998]

Spacemansam [712133]

Looking for fire team member for ps4 to do glass raid for raid gear!!! Got 5 people waiting for one more player lol 24 and above add spacemansam1337 on pns
Hanoth [4634]

I don't hate it, its just average. I hit level 21 and haven't played it since.
I really dislike the light/level system and the story is bland at best.

Its fun to play for a while, and the pvp is ok but over all the game is average at best.
Kankri_Hipster [1863909]

Thank you for those codes! They are really helpful. The game seems to get a lot of hate. I really don't see why, no I agree it's not the best game, but it is a good game! ^_^
RatedR [72498]

i'd love to hear some opinions from the torn-community about this game. i am thinking of picking it up for the ps4, but i am on the fence about it. i mean, it looks great and lots of fun, but i generally dislike fps-games.
Gungrave [470221]
MrBateman [1775325]
UBIK [424998]You guys are missing the whole point of the game. The game doesnt even begin until after level 20. It's all about getting better gear and progressing past level 20 so you can do Strikes and events with friends. You can also replay mission at higher difficulties for rewards.

You're saying the game sucks, but havent even experienced what its actually about. Its like saying Torn sucks after only playing for a week.

That being said, the game is definitely not for everyone. If you dont like grinding and doing Strike after Strike to find better gear then you probably wont like it.


Good point, but many gamers want a game that throws you into the action. And have rewards from start to finish, a good game I can think of is the Battlefield series. Destiny was hyped as the next best thing to happen to gaming, and by GOD was it not. Activision should stick with Cod (hate Cod by the way), Destiny won't be a gen travelling game like Halo, Mario or Mortal Kombat

Mario and Mortal Kombat.....yeah both of those franchises have kind of gone downhill especially Mario who is basically Nintendo's go to prostitute if they want to milk a franchise and make some money.

Mentions: MrBateman [1775325] · UBIK [424998]

Astral [300312]

Ever since my friend got the game it has got more fun. It was boring doing the story by myself, but with a friend, we have both hit lv 24 with some okay-ish light level gear, got 2 legendaries (secondary/special). But it's become a grind fest, which is kinda boring, the only way time passes in our grind is talking about other things while we play.

The only reason I'm still playing this is to get some exotic gear, I have 12 strange coins, black-market guy comes on Friday and I'll check it out.

But now that I've tried pretty much tried everything out (story/missions/factions/pvp/etc), except the lv 26 raid, I can see the excitement wearing of within a week or 2.

However the skys are freaking amazing. Just sitting of the edge of the platform in the tower, and gazing at the city/sun in the sunset is epic. That is my favourite part of the game!

Pic related (not my hero)
[image: static.businessinsider.com]
Melly2529 [1836798]

Did Bungie change up their games a bit or is it exactly like Halo. I'm a fan of Bungie and of the Halo series but I wouldn't like it if Bungie spent so much time away from making games and didn't come up with anything better...