To Quote Ched:
"The release date is not fully set in stone, but to provide a time-frame, I expect anywhere between 3-8 weeks. We'll let you know of an exact release date soon."
@ OP, Give up I have.
Basically 99% of rants deal with a lack of information from the Devs to the community. Don't expect this to change.
I've tried asking for something as simple as http://www.torn.com/wiki/Changelog (which took me less than a day to compile back when I gave a shit about it and still wasn't 100% accurate as everything is second hand) and also put up a pointless suggestion thread about it which no one will vote for because really who cares about knowing when anything will come out when Ched just replies with "Soon" or "I don't think it's important, ect."
Anytime a slightly major update is suggested, expect it to take a year in real time. Anything less is a bonus, and expect delays.
It has only been just over 3 months since RESPO, so we still have a long way to go before we can expect something new if you were to follow my 1 year time frame logic. Patience and all that bs right?
Also has everyone even been reading the same "Announcements" I have? Most of the ones that promise new content never explicitly state a time frame because 1.) Ched hates to do this 2.) You're supposed to undersell and over-deliver as a dev. 3.)Ched is really bad at estimating the time it takes to complete projects given his resources.
Look at the progression of updates and there is no clear cut direction in fixing or pushing out specific parts of the game. After the re-post of the Attack system announcement you are talking about, there's been addition of more armor slots,items,a casino game,UI organization, a merit, and a Chat-room update.
I don't know about you, but it seems to me that updates don't follow a priority list or simply there is one guy who does the attacking system and everyone else just has to wait around fixing something else. Mind you each new thing adds a possibility of a new bug, and the cycle continues.
Bugs are a huge problem and have just recently been taken under control (yay!). But in hindsight a "Form" which players are forced to fill out before submitting bug tickets (as found in other games, which I also suggested) probably would have helped speed that process, but again whatever right?
On another note, in my opinion presenting information to the community has always been a huge problem for this game. I don't expect it to change unless an actual CM is hired/volunteers, you shouldn't either.
In the meantime feel free to join me on this pile of salt I sit on.